Chapter 33 Welcome to the Club

The group inspected the Room of Requirement to see if it had everything they would need to train. Holly immediately noticed that many of the mechanical Death Eaters seemed simple enough, but she suspected that as they advanced in their skill, the Room would make it harder on them. Maybe not deadly, but close to it. And that was fine with Holly. The last thing she wanted was to let the volunteers think this would be easy or that it was a game.

Holly also thought it would be a good idea to teach the others how to cast the killing curse. Viktor had told her that the spell wasn't fueled by hatred or joy in killing; it was more intent. Kill or be killed, he told her. “My Luff, if you haff no other choice, you must defend yourself in any way possible. Using the killing curse does not make you dark. There is no Light or Dark magic; there is only survival.” Holly remembered Viktor telling her. He explained that things were not black and white; there were shades of grey.

Holly took Viktor's words to heart, which she would teach the others, but first, she had to convince her brother and the others. Once Holly decided to have this discussion, chairs appeared, and she told everyone to sit. The group looked at her, confused.

“Is there something wrong, Hol?” Harry asked.

“Yes, and no. We have to go over what we'll teach the others.”

“Well, we'll teach them what we know,” Harry explained.

“Harry, what we know are all defensive spells; we need offensive spells. Let us go to Grimmauld Place and look through the Black Library.”

Hermione gasped, “But, Holly, those are dark spells!”

Holly gave an exasperated sigh, “Don't you understand, Hermione? The Death Eaters are out to kill us. We need to kill them first. And just because we use "dark spells," doesn't it make us dark wizards or witches.”

Holly turned to Harry, “You remember what Voldemort said our first year? There is no light or dark magic, only power. He was right. We need the power to defeat our enemies.”

Harry uncomfortably looked at his sister until Luna spoke, “Holly is right, of course. We can't fight like children; it's time to grow up.”

Holly smiled at Luna and nodded her head in thanks. Harry nodded, “Right, where do we get started?”

“The killing curse,” Holly said.

Hermione gasped, “But that's an Unforgivable Curse!”

Neville looked at Hermione, “And do you think Voldemort and the Death Eaters care or would hesitate to use it on us?”

Hermione blushed, “No.”