Chapter 18 Happy Birthday!

The summer past quickly and soon it was almost the Potter twin's birthday. Within that period, Holly wrote a letter to the Weasleys inviting them to Harry and her birthday, and Harry wrote to Fred and George, asking if he could spend the rest of the summer with them at the Burrow when Holly goes to Bulgaria. When Hedwig arrived, Ron was about to take the letter from her, but she flew to Fred and held her leg out for him to take it. Fred wasn't shocked to see that the message was addressed to him and George instead of Ron. After reading the letter, he hands it to his twin.

Ron looks at them in anticipation, “Well, what does Harry write?”

“We're all invited to The Potter Mansion for Holly and Harry's birthday on July 31st, and Harry wants to know if she can spend the rest of the summer with George and me,” Fred tells his little brother.

“Why didn't Harry write to me?”

The twins look at each other, but it was Ginny who answered him, “Isn't it obvious, Ron? The way you behaved last year, I doubt that Harry or Holly feels very comfortable with you anymore.”

“How did I behave?” Ron asked, not understanding what his little sister meant.

Ron's three siblings give him an incredulous look, “You're joking. You behaved horribly towards Harry and Holly last year,” Ginny said, “You didn't believe them when they told you that they didn't enter the tournament.”

“I apologized!”

“Yeah, mate, but only after the twins almost got killed,” George said.

“Then you tried to use their fame to your advantage.” Fred reminded him.

“I did not!”

Fred and George deadpan, “Colin.” They say at the same time.

Ron turns bright red from guilt.

“And on top of all that, you insult Holly, and expected Harry to take your side over his sister, you git,” Ginny told Ron, “Did you honestly think Harry would choose you over his twin?”

“Well, I-”

“It would never have happened,” Fred and George said in unison.

“So, what do I do? How do I prove to Holly and Harry that I can be trusted again?”

“You're going to have to let your actions speak for you, Ronnikins,” Fred said.

“You need to stop acting like a Prat and show them you know how to be a true friend,” George said.

“I can do that; I can show Holly and Harry that I can be a true friend,” Ron said

“It's going to be harder to convince Holly, though, since she's going to Bulgaria until the new term starts,” Ginny reminds Ron.

Ron deflates slightly. He knows that of the two of them, Holly will be harder to convince since he insulted her relationship with Viktor. Ron wasn't sure if he would ever regain Holly's trust, but he had to try.

“Oh, and Ginny, Holly wants to know if you and Luna want to spend a week before their birthday with her and Hermione.”

“I do but, Luna is on holiday with her dad until August,” Ginny told Fred, “Let me go ask Mum before you send a response.”

Ginny goes running into the kitchen to inform her mother that they were invited to the Potter twin's birthday and to ask for permission to spend a week with Holly and Hermione before Holly and Harry's birthday, “We need to ask your father, Ginny, but I'm sure he'll say yes.”

Ginny squeals and kisses her mother. She knew her dad would say yes, so Ginny goes upstairs to pack. Sure enough, when Arthur gets home from the Ministry, Molly asks him if Ginny can spend a week with Holly and Hermione; he said yes. Ginny sends Pig to the Potter Mansion to let Holly know that she'll be over on Monday.