Chapter 23 Puppy Love

Meanwhile, at the Weasley house, Harry had been having a lot of fun with the Weasley twins and Neville but, he would occasionally have nightmares. On the days after his nightmares, all he wanted to do was be alone, but that didn't happen. As Harry was taking a walk down the lane leading away from the burrow, he heard a dreamy voice from above him.

“You shouldn't blame yourself for Cedric's death, Harry Potter.”

Harry looked up and found Luna sitting in a tree with her eyes closed, and her face turned upwards. Harry thought it was strange that she knew it was him passing by. He put the thought out of his head and asked her, “Why shouldn't I, if it weren't for me insisting that Holly and I share the cup with Cedric, he wouldn't have ended up in the graveyard. If I had been quicker, Wormtail wouldn't have killed him.”

“Harry, did you know that the cup was a portkey?”

“Well, um no, but it's still my fault.”

“No, it isn't, you and Holly were only noble Gryffindors. Had you known that it was a portkey, you would never have let him touch it. And you didn't know what was going to happen when you landed. No one could have expected that man to kill Cedric, Harry. You can't blame yourself.”

Even though Harry still did, his guilt had was now a little less with someone outside his family telling him that it wasn't his fault that Cedric was dead. Harry sighed and looked up at Luna, “What are you doing?”

“Enjoying the world, Harry.”

Harry smiled and decided to join Luna in the tree. When he reached Luna, they sat there in silence swaying in the breeze listening to nature. Harry was so caught up in the beauty if everything that he almost didn't hear Mrs. Weasley calling him for lunch, “You better go, Harry, before Mrs. Weasley becomes cross with you.”

“Right,” Harry paused for a moment, “Luna, why don't you join us for lunch? I'm sure it won't be a problem.”

Luna's eyes lit up, “I would love to, Harry.”

They climbed down from the tree and made their way back to the Burrow. Upon entering the back door with Luna, the twins gave Harry a wink, and Harry glared at them but didn't say anything. Ginny hugged her best friend and escorted her into the dining room, where everyone sat down for lunch.

After lunch, the boys played Quidditch with Ron and Neville as the Keepers while Ginny and Luna talked, “So you like Harry,” Ginny said.

“I've always liked Harry; he's a likable boy.”

Ginny rolled her eyes, “That's not what I meant, and you know it.”

Luna blushed, but didn't say anything; she just kept watching the boys play.

“Because he likes you too, you know,” Ginny said, without looking at Luna.

Luna stared at Ginny, “He does?” Luna asked with a hopeful tone.

Ginny's head snapped towards Luna, “I knew it, you do like Harry. ”

Luna blushed.

“Why haven't you done anything about it, Luna?” Ginny asked.

“Because I thought that you liked him, and I would rather have my best friend than a boy.”

“I admit, I did like Harry, but when I went to the Yule Ball with Neville, I realized that what I felt towards Harry was more hero worship. What I feel for Neville is real; I truly care for Neville. So if you want to pursue Harry, you don't have to worry about me.”

Luna stared at her friend wide-eyed then hugged her fiercely. She never thought that she would get a chance to be with Harry, but now there was some hope. Harry was on his broom circling the Pitch, searching for the Golden Snitch when he spotted Luna and Ginny talking under the tree. He watched Luna for a bit and thought that she looked so beautiful with the sun reflecting off her blonde hair.