Chapter 3 We Meet Again

The next day, Harry, Holly, Hermione, and Ron went to Defense Against the Dark Arts class with Professor Moody.

“Alastor Moody. Ministry malcontent. And your new defense against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions? When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?”

“Three, sir,” Hermione answers.

“And they are so named?”

“Because they are unforgivable. Use of any one of those curses will...” Holly says.

“Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against; you need to be prepared, you need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!”

“Aw no way, the old codger can see out the back of his head.”

“And hear across classrooms!”

After that, Professor Moody asks for volunteers to name the unforgivable curses. He then begins to demonstrate them much to the horror of the entire class. When Moody demonstrates the killing curse, the class is silent.

“The killing curse. Only two people have been known to have survived it. And they're sitting in this room.”

He approaches the twin's desk and takes a drink from his flask.

As they left class, Ron kept babbling about how brilliant Moody was while the twins and Hermione were troubled by the whole ordeal. Seeing the flash of green light triggered the memory of their mother being hit with the killing curse when Harry and Holly were babies. Unconsciously, Holly reached up and rubbed the crescent moon shape scare on her forehead. Harry looked at his sister and took her hand, squeezing it.

“There's a reason those curses are unforgivable, and to perform them in a classroom. I mean, did you see Neville's face,” Hermione said as they walked down the stairs.

They came across Neville, who was staring out the window, “Neville, are you alright?” Holly asks, putting her hand on his shoulder.

At that moment, Professor Moody comes stomping down the stairs, “Son, are you alright?”

Neville nods, absentmindedly.

“Come on; we’ll have a cup of tea. I want to show you something,” And with that, Moody leads Neville back to his office.

Holly and Harry make their way towards the Great Hall with the others. They sit down at the Gryffindor table and serve themselves lunch. But Holly can't eat, she too disturbed by what happened in DADA. She sits there next to Hermione and picks at her food.

“Holly, you need to eat,” Hermione tells her.

“I'm not hungry.”

“What's the matter with you,” Ron asks with his mouth full of food.

Hermione and Holly grimace, “Swallow your food before you speak, Ronald.” Hermione tells him.

Holly shakes her head, “It's nothing, I'll see you guys later. I'm going back to the Common Room.”

Harry, Hermione, and Ron watch as Holly gets up and leaves the Great Hall. Harry's brow furrows, he's about to get up and go after his twin when Hermione catches his arm.

“Leave her, Harry. Holly needs some alone time,” Hermione tells him.

Harry looks at his best friend and nods. He doesn't like the thought of his twin being upset, but maybe Hermione was right. Across the room at the Slytherin table, Viktor watches as Holly gets up and leaves the Great Hall. He can tell from where he's sitting that she's upset about something, and it concerns him. Viktor gets up and discreetly makes his way out of the room. As he searches for Holly, Viktor sees through the window heading towards the Quidditch pitch with a broom in her hand.