Chapter 7 First Date

Holly made her way to Charms class and sat down next to Hermione, who gave her a strange look, “Are you okay? Your face is red.”

“Yeah, I'm fine,” Holly says Hermione, “Do you know if Harry told Cedric about the dragons?”

“Yeah, he found him before class. Did you find Viktor?”

Holly blushes even more, “Yeah, I found him swimming in the lake.”

“In this weather? Wasn't he cold?”

“Um, I didn't ask him, I forgot to. Anyway, I told him about the dragons.”

“How did you find Viktor at the lake?”

“Archimedes led me to him.”

Hermione smirked, “Is that why you're blushing.”

“No, I didn't see anything.”

“I didn't say you did, but obviously you did.”

“Shut up, Hermione,” Holly said then ignored her.

Hermione giggled and turned to pay attention to Professor Flitwick.

As soon as class was over, Holly, Harry, Hermione, and Neville went to the library. They had to research dragons to see what they could do against them. It was going to be difficult since Holly and Harry were only fourth years; their knowledge of spells wasn't nearly as good as the others. Eventually, Professor asked Harry and Holly to his office, but Holly had a bad feeling about him and told Harry.

“Harry, don't go. I have a bad feeling about him. I don't trust Professor Moody.”

“Holly, Professor Moody is an ex-Auror. What could possibly go wrong.”

Holly stared at Harry, “Harry, every year, we've had terrible Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers, except with Moony, and he had his furry little problem. We can't trust Moody.”

“Hol, if Moody makes you uncomfortable, don't go, but I am. I'll tell him you had detention or something.”

“Thanks, Harry, be careful around him.”

“I will.”

After that, Holly went back to the library to do more research on the dragons. After a while, Viktor came and plopped down in the chair opposite her and sighed; Holly glanced up from the book she was reading, “Are you, okay, Viktor?”

“Da, I am taking break from studying about dragons.”

“Do you know how you're going to face the dragon? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.”

“No, I do not mind, but I must varn you that I plan on winning.”

“That's fine with me, Viktor, Harry, and I only want to survive this. I have no interest in eternal glory or the prize money.”

Viktor nods, “I plan on going in and be direct and use force. But it depends on Vhat dragon I get. Vhat are you going to do?”

Holly shrugs, “I don't know yet. I thought of using my speed and agility to avoid the dragon and a few transfiguration spells.”

Viktor looked at Holly, concerned, “Vill that be enough?”

“I hope so,” Holly closed her book and looked into Viktor's eyes, “You know, this weekend is our Hogsmead visit and um, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?”

Viktor crossed his arms and smirked at Holly, “Are you asking me out on a date?”

“No, just two friends spending time together,” Holly said, blushing furiously.