Chapter 34 Fight Back

Holly, with the help of Dean, spent weeks training the others to increase their strength, speed, and stamina. At first, the group complained but soon realized how out of shape they were and how heavily they depended on magic. The obstacle course that the Room of Requirement set up started easy, but as the other got into shape, the Room would make it harder and harder. It would fire spells at the group, helping them to dodge the attacks. The group wondered if they would ever learn offensive spells, but they did as Holly told them.

While this was going on, Harry made a list of spells that he and Holly would teach the Revengers. He thought about the Unforgivable curses and wondered how they would avoid getting caught. Harry called his sister to discuss it, “Holly, how are we going to get around not getting caught using the Unforgivable curses? Our wands have traces, and the Ministry will find out.”

Holly thought for a moment, “I think we'll be okay in the Room of Requirement for now, but you're right. There has to be a way around the Ministry.”

The twins racked their brains for an answer, then Holly's eyes lit up, “If we get new unregistered wands, they won't have the trace on them,” Holly concluded.

Harry thought about it, then nodded, “But who can we get new wands from?”

Holly smirked, “From Knockturn Alley, though if you and I go there and are spotted, the Ministry will get suspicious. So, we'll have to get our wands from where Viktor got his wand, from Gregorovitch. If everyone goes in small groups over the holidays, no one will suspect what we're doing.”

“So, you want us to give up our old wands?” Harry asked.

Holly shook her head, “We'll each have two wands; one for Hogwarts and daily life and the other for battle.”

Harry smiled at his twin, “That is a brilliant idea, Holly. And we can learn how to use two wands simultaneously,” Harry suggested.

Holly grinned, “That is a great idea, Hare-Bear.”

Now that the twins had agreed on a plan, they needed to inform the others. It was time to tell the others about their project and begin their training.

At first, the other members were stunned that they would be using Unforgivable Curses until Holly explained that if The Deatheaters were going to, they should as well, “It's straightforward, it's either kill or be killed. I want to live, and I will do anything to continue to. I'm not going to use these ridiculous disarming spells; I'm going to kill as many as possible to protect my loved one. We will not follow Dumbledore's absurd logic that almost cost him the first war.”

The others stared at Holly and slowly conceded it was the best course, “Now, Harry will teach defensive magic, and I will teach offensive.”

“What about the trace? The Ministry will find out about the Unforgivable, and we'll end up in Azkaban,” Seamus asked.

Harry and Holly looked at each other and grinned, “We are all getting an extra wand from Knockturn Alley. Their wands do not have the trace, though Harry and I will have Viktor take us to see Gregorovitch. We can't be seen in Knockturn Alley; it will make people suspicious. But if you all go in small groups over the holidays, no one will suspect a thing. We'll use our wands from Ollivander's for school and our other wands for battle,” Holly explained.

“We'll also learn to use both wands at the same time. The Deatheaters won't be expecting that,” Harry added.

“That's a brilliant idea,” Hermione said.

“I'm glad you think so,” Holly told her best friend.

So, Holly and Harry decided that the other should learn defensive spells first. Harry took over and began teaching all of the defensive spells he knew, such as the protego spell and the disarming spell. Harry also showed them how to conjure their patronus. Some got it after a few tries, and others needed to work harder. The cutest thing that Holly saw was that when Luna performed her patronus, it was a doe. She smiled at Harry, who blushed, realizing that they were alike.

After a few weeks of working on defensive spells, Holly began teaching them offensive attacks. She started easy, demonstrating for the group spells like jelly legs, bat bogey spells, and other fun spells. Then she started getting severe.

“It's time to start learning more lethal spells,” She told everyone.

The group looked nervous at first, but Holly reminded them that they had to fight fire with fire. They needed to match what the Deatheaters would use against them, “This isn't a game, people. I'm not showing spells to pass your OWLS. I'm going to show you spell to survive,” Holly told them.

Everyone became more determined and followed Holly's instructions to the letter. Now that they would learn more aggressive spells, The Room of Requirement changed to offer more challenging opponents. The Room made it more difficult for the students that way; they had some idea of what it felt like to fight someone that wanted them hurt or dead. The Room would use all manners of spells except the truly lethal one.

But that didn't start right away. First, Holly began the spells they would be using. Once they had mastered the simple magic and were ready to move on to harder ones, Holly showed them several. Harry had already shown them the stupifying magic, but Holly would take it further.

Holly started the lessons slowly; she knew that many would object to the lethal spells she would show them and that it would be hard for the group to perform them. So, she started by informing them that everyday spells could be used offensively.

“Think about it. A simple Windgardium Leviosa could be used to lift a person high enough to drop them and either seriously injure them or kill them. A diffindo can cut off limbs or cut into an artery. Everything we have been taught so far can be used as offensive spells. But that won't be enough. We need to learn so-called dark spells.” Holly informed the group.

Many gasped and refused, but after explaining her opinion, the others agreed. Holly started show the group devestating offensive spells. Bone breaking curses, Jelly-Brain Jinx, Jelly-Fingers Curse, Jelly-Legs Jinx, Entrail-Expelling Curse, and so on. Everyone was uncomfortable, but they knew that they had to work past that.

By the time their lesson was over, the Revengers had learned a new arsenal of curses and jinxes and the students felt a little bit more prepared to face what was to come. Though they knew more needed to be added. They would learn more as the months went by and they were making plans to head to Knockturn Alley to get their unregistered wands. As soon as the holidays rolled around, their plans were complete and everyone knew what to do. Once they got their new wands, Harry and Holly would teach the group to use both wands and to use Unforgivables. Now it was only a matter of waiting.