12: Surprise Visit

"Bro *SNIFFLE*, this is like, the greatest day of my life bro." Kirishima wiped at his eyes with a forearm, clearing away the happy tears that trickled over his eyelids. In his free hand was the dream come true of a Provisional License, the top right corner holding a smiling mugshot of himself that gleamed up to the future Kirishima with his toothy smile. "*SNIFFLE* bro, we actually did it bro! You and me bro *SNIFFLE*."

"Dude." Jiro chortled from her spot on the couch as she looked over to Kirishima who kept sniffling in the corner. "Who in the hell, are you talking to?"

"The mini me! I-In the card Jiro I'm talking to him!"

"Sure dude, whatever."

"Man, still feels like some kind of dream to have this doesn't it?" Sero asked, his license held high above his head as he inspected it front and back, side to side. "Crazy how this piece of plastic gives us damn near the amount of freedom that the pros can get. Wonder what the real one looks like."

*CHK*
*POP*

"I heard the real license looks pretty much the exact same, except it's a different color and all." Kaminari answered after popping open a can of soda. "Guess one of these days we could ask Aizawa or any of the teachers and compare ours to their's, see how shiny their licenses are compared to ours. I bet somebody like All Might's is covered in gold or something."

"Colors in our license are separated via the three classes of Provisional, National and International Licenses." Yaoyorozu chimed. "The National License's color takes after the colors of the flag where the license was obtained, as for the International License it's a white colored card with blue outlines forming that of a globe diagram in the middle. Only the most trusted of heroes earn that license, All Might being one of them and the United States' Star and Stripe being another."

"Wow check you out Yaoyorozu, then again I guess it's no surprise the rich girl would know a thing or two about the different kinds of licenses huh."

"Monetary accumulation has nothing to do with knowledge on licenses Kaminari, merely paying attention in class and not having your nose stuck in your phone on trying to decide what to eat would also allow you to know that."

"Hey!"

With majority of the newly licensed first years all celebrating in the common area as a group full of elated smiles and brighter moods, Midoriya sat at the kitchen table with his phone in one hand and his fresh license in the other. He tapped away at his screen with a subtle smile on his face, every now and then switching from the phone to the license in his hand.

All Might: Hahahaaaa! Well done my boy well done! This is going to be exciting I guarantee it! Any idea as to who you might be interested in studying under?

Midoriya: I do have one place I think I'm interested in working under, though I'm not 100% on it since it's barely my first day of getting my license.

All Might: It's always a better idea to window shop first Young Midoriya than to swoop at the first good option you see. Now that you kids have obtained your licenses U.A is going to put your names into the system that allows heroes to look over the roster of students who are available to be taken in as sidekicks, and might I say there are some VERY heavy hitting names out there who might be interested in taking you kids in. Never know when you wake up one day to see an offer from a top hero. I am proud of you, my boy. You're on the path for great things.