Epilogue: Forever And Always

(Five Years Later)

*SKRRRT*
*HONK-HONK*

A van failing to yield at a red light drifted across the black top of the intersection as a car that was nearly struck honked at the distracted driver of the van. Traffic resumed to it's normal flow after the near accident as sitting high above on the edge of a building rooftop with feet dangling over the side, 23 year old Midoriya looked down at the intersection with a bento box in his lap before he signed and leaned back into seated upright position. "Geez, come on guys, at least not during my lunch break."

Speaking of lunch made his stomach growl as the man went to work in unwrapping the cat packaged bento box that had been prepared by his wife. The smell of a meaty entrée accompanied by sides of cooked vegetable and rice was enticing to his nose, a quick swipe from his tongue circling around the front of his lips. He couldn't get to the wooden bento any quicker than he did as he removed the top to reveal the main dish of pork cutlets drizzled in some dark kind of sweetened sauce, some of the dark condiment having been poured over the adjacent bed of fried rice with savory vegetables. He placed the lid to the side but paused when realizing he completely missed the sticky note on top of the lid due to his ever growing hunger, taking a moment to read what was on the note and smiling.

Have a good day at work Honey
I love you :)

Midoriya beamed at the note and actually placed the lid off to the side this time, comfortably positioning the bento box over his lap with chopsticks next to his right leg. He took a deep whiff of the savory armor before he clapped his hands together once and gave his praise. "Thanks for the food Shino. You're the best."

At near lightspeed the man broke the chopsticks off and immediately went to work with the drizzled pork cutlets, stuffing one into his mouth and melting at the flavor firework that bursted within. While he chewed he smiled as he took the opportunity to look out over the city that was once ruined years ago, but has now been rebuilt with the efforts of both citizen and hero alike. To think that this once lively, thriving city had been thrown into a period of darkness and chaos after the first great battle was so difficult for him to wrap his head around. At first glance no one would think these buildings have seen destruction, turmoil and partial anarchy via the hands of citizens who took matters into their own methods. But the bricks tell more of a story than any eye or mouth could ever tell.

Apart from having to deal with the recovery of Japan, the progress of Midoriya's relationship has at times also stalled with the events that were happening at the time. There were happy and cherished moments no doubt about that, nights upon nights of seeing Mandalay's wonderful smile that brightened up his day no matter how dark it may be. And with every moment of happiness there were moments that were least worth mentioning between them, such as the moment of her confrontation with him after his recovery from going on his own temporarily. To say he got several earfuls and smacks that would forever stick with him was the biggest understatement of his life, Mandalay certainly having gotten her money's worth with him with no mercy whatsoever. Though he won't lie, he deserved it.

For the most part, almost every bump in their relationship occurred within their first year as every year after that it's been smooth sailing for the couple. He graduated without issue, proposed to her two years after his graduation to which she tearfully and happily accepted his proposal, moved Mandalay out from the main Pussycats' hub and into an apartment within the city. And with her move came the disbanding of the Wild Wild Pussycats after a new group of heroes were taken under their wing to act as their replacements within the forest. He'll be interested to see how this group of 'rangers' perform in the Pussycats' old stomping grounds, he is fond of their dinosaur-like monikers however that's for certain. Red blue yellow black and pink, quite the color palette.