21: Explanations

"Higashikata Josuke! Omae wa kono Nijimira Okuyasu no, ZA HANDO ga kesu!"

*BZZZZT*

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Kotaaaa can you get that please!"

"HrrmmMMM!" Kota groaned as he reached for a nearby remote control and paused the TV, having to put down his toys and get up from his spot on the floor. Annoyed the little boy waddled towards the front door, reaching up on the tips of his toes to slap the knob for it to spin far enough to unlatch and open. He peeked through the open crack at first to see nothing but the left sleeve of a black leather jacket and a hand, eventually pulling the door back with eyes widening and head tilting back. The newcomer was a frail, skinny man with blonde hair and sunken cheeks, appearing no thicker than the barebones build of a skeleton that was freshly animated from it's grave. Light blue eyes shone within a sclera of darkness as the man creepily smiled to Kota and bent over to greet him.

"Well helloooooooooo young one." The man eerily said, his skeleton face upfront and close with the little boy. "You wouldn't happen to know where Mandalay might be, would you?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!-"

"O-Oh SHI-"

"KOTA!"

*SLAM*

A door was nearly taken off it's hinges upstairs as what sounded like a stampede of buffalo came charging down the staircase, Mandalay at the forefront followed closely behind by Tiger with Pixie-Bob and Ragdoll not a step away. Kota continued to shriek wide-eyed at the sight of a skeleton standing at his front door until his aunt quickly scooped him up and into her arms, the male Pussycat nearly bulldozing into the guest before realizing who it was. "Who are you?!"

"WHOAAAA whoa whoa whoa easy Sosaki." Tiger defused as he stood in between All Might and the rest. "It's just All Might nothing to worry about."

"THAT'S All Might?!" Pixie-Bob exclaimed. "Why does he look so dead and limp and skinny?! And how do YOU know that's not some bag of bones wearing a flabby meat suit as a disguise?!"

"Are we forgetting the part where I was there for the raid against the villains back at Kamino Ward? And how his entire fight against All For One was televised for the world to see?"

"Oh. Right heh, still not used to seeing....this."

"Sorry about that All Might." Mandalay apologized with Kota still staring wide eyed at the man like he truly was a walking dead corpse. "I don't think Kota's ever seen you when you're like this, I'm still not used to it either."

"No no please, forgive me for startling the boy and causing a scare amongst you guys." All Might said with a short bow. "To this day I still get odd stares and glances from children who haven't seen me like this, probably would have been best if I wasn't so up close to the door at the start. I understand this is without notice and out of the blue but, I was wondering if it all possible and your tasks allowed it, I could speak to Mandalay about something."

"Me?"

"Yes, please. Again I know it's so sudden but, given the matter of the subject I couldn't do this over a phone call. It has to be in person if you have the time, and in private."

"Uh, sure yeah if it's so important." Mandalay placed Kota back onto the floor and waved him off before turning to her fellow Pussycats. "You guys look over the stuff that Bubble Girl sent us I'll catch up once I'm done."

The Pussycats retreated back upstairs as Kota gave one last glare of confusion towards All Might before disappearing from sight and waddling back towards the living room, Mandalay stepping outside her home and shutting the front door behind her. The woman surveyed the clearing around the Pussycat home until gesturing towards the right of it where a small clump of trunks were gathered together, perfect for somebody to sit over and far enough from the home to be given a conversation's privacy.