16: The Beginning of Hell

(Sunday Night)

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Kotaaaa! Could you get that please?!"

"Hrmmmm." The child groaned as he hopped off his spot on the couch and pouted his way towards the door. Leaning up onto the tips of his toes he reached up and spun the knob just enough to turn the latch, the door popping open as he stuck his fingers out and pulled. Opening the door revealed Midoriya towering over him with a backpack around his shoulders and a large red duffel bag hanging from his left hand, the student had to tilt his head down to find Kota looking up at him. "Oh look, it's just Dumbface Poopy Pants."

"Hey Kota." Midoriya greeted with a quick bow. "Is your Auntie or any of the others around?"

"Auntieeeee!"

"Let him inside I'll be downstairs shortly!"

"Guess you could come in."

"Thank you." Kota retreated to his spot on the couch as Midoriya entered the Pussycat home and closed the door behind him, bending down to untie and remove his shoes that he neatly placed aside. For the time being, he also placed his duffel bag of personal items next to the shoes, making to join the little boy on the couch who was watching a cartoon series of fictional supervillains taking over the world. "Oh hey I remember this, I used to watch this all the time when I was a little kid too."

"You're old." Kota commented. "Did you go to the same elementary schools as dinosaurs too?"

"Hmph, no but I did have somebody in my class who had the Quirk of a dinosaur. He had a T-Rex head, it was pretty cool."

"Mm."

"Hey so, have you tried making things up with your Auntie? I know it's been a while since we had that conversation on the cliff back at the camp but, just wondering if things were better for you two."

"Why would you care."

"Mm, more so curious I guess." Midoriya shrugged. "Shino's been helping me try and fix things between my mom and me, granted, I haven't been putting in much effort lately since it's still a bit awkward. Just wondering if things were looking better on your end."

"Mm-m-mm." Kota also shrugged. "It's whatever, ever since Auntie Ragdoll lost her Quirk and she's been staying here more often Auntie's been trying to do a lot of stuff, including stuff about you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, some dumb stuff that I hear between Uncle Tiger and her. Sounds lame."

"U-Uh..." Midoriya looked over his shoulder and up the staircase for a quick lookout, twiddling his fingers in curiosity before scooting himself closer to the child. "You wouldn't happen to remember what she said, would you?"

"She said-"

"That it's SOMETHING best kept between the adults, boys." The voice of Mandalay spoke as both males turned towards the stairs where the brunette Pussycat was making her way down. Midoriya was awed with wide eyes at the woman's attire, a light brown hoodie zipped up to the halfway point of her chest with no shirt underneath, and the same color pair of spandex shorts that hugged the top of her thighs as the rest of her smooth legs were showed off beautifully. "Sneaky sneaky little Kota, go tuck yourself in it's bedtime."

"Whaat? I just started watching my show though."

"Kota, you'll have all of tomorrow morning to watch your favorite show I promise. Now don't make me ask again."

"HrrrrrRRRMM. Fine."

"Have a good night Kota," Midoriya said as the little boy slid off the couch and grumbled his way out of the living room and up the stairs. "See you in the morning."