14: Chance

"Uhh....no, maybe not." Midoriya removed a basic grey hoodie from his body and stood yet again in front of his mirror, observing and carefully studying over the current outfit he had on. A simple white T-Shirt with black sweatpants and his red shoes, he hummed in curiosity as he tried to settle on how he felt about the outfit. It was simple, and quite comfortable too but he's not sure if comfortable would be the right move for what he's scheduled to attend later today.

Would Shino like this? That question is the same question that's been replaying in his mind for nearly the past hour as his entire closet had been subjugated to an impromptu fashion show. Pants, shorts, shirts, hoodies, everything that was in his closet was mixed and matched in an effort that at least one of the combinations would make him look appealing for the woman. Because for some reason that's been one of his goals now more than ever given the recent events that have happened. It's so odd to think about how their small period apart would create this strange, almost line of a bungee cord sensation where if one strayed too far from the original point it would retract and bring them back together. He's not sure if intercourse and days of ignoring the aftercare is the most preferred of catalysts to create that cord but, here he is.

It should probably come as no surprise by now when he says to himself that yeah, he most definitely has a thing for one Shino Sosaki in his life. Crazy for him to think about how he's been so focused on achieving his goal of becoming the best hero in the world that he wasn't even prepared to have this woman come into his life with such a huge impact. Then again, it was actually he who entered her life since he followed her into the woods the first night of the training camp wondering where she was going off to. Not like she asked him to follow her. If anything, and it was odd to say it but he'll stand by it until he draws his last breath, it almost feel like he was entranced into following her. He didn't know what it was about Mandalay when he first witnessed her go off on her own but for some reason he just felt so magnetized to the Pussycat. And ever since that day, it's changed his life dramatically.

No more Bakugo. To hear those three words play out in his mind made him both smile, and feel weird at the same time. Mainly because for almost all of his life he was subject to the blonde's cruelty of words and physical harassment but after several days ago when he crossed a line he shouldn't have, Midoriya decided enough was enough. There was a line in the sand where the successor had set that is prohibited for Bakugo to get past but the slightest mentioning of Mandalay and that line is instantly covered by the dunes around it and forgotten. Truth be told, he never took Bakugo to be the type of person to mention somebody else's name if it meant riling up Midoriya into what could've been a fight.

It wasn't until after the day of the incident and spending his time cleaning the dorm building that Midoriya understood why Bakugo was planning on dragging him out to the training ground. He realizes now that there was something pent up in the blonde, emotions that he had turned against himself for events past. There was an ominous, almost eery quiet in him unlike anything that Midoriya's ever seen before. Knowing how he is through a lifetime of seeing, hearing and basically memorizing how he expresses himself something told the successor that there was guilt hidden away in Bakugo. Guilt in feeling like if he hadn't been kidnapped back at the training camp and forced the heroes into making their move, then perhaps All Might would still be in the game of heroes. And now with the Symbol of Peace effectively retired from the line of duty comes a mighty pair of shoes needing to be filled.

Thinking about it, Midoriya's uncertain as to whether what he did was the correct move or not. Perhaps it was best if he were to follow Bakugo along and if they were in fact going to fight, then so be it. If anything it was better for him to be the one dealing with Bakugo's anger than to potentially have it boil over at a later time and be tipped off by the wrong person. But after what happened, that's exactly what might happen if the students aren't too careful with what they say or what they do. He doesn't know anymore, stuff involving the bomber took so much out of him both mentally and emotionally. One thing is for certain.