Chapter 63

'Is he a servant?

He didn't ride a horse and it seemed like he wasn't holding a bow so he wasn't a participant for the hunting competition.

And most of all, he was incredibly small and thin to be considered as an adult man.

A boy in his mid-twenties?

'But I heard that a servant who will help with the competition is waiting in the forest early on.'

I can't believe he's just going in now. Is he a tardy? He was too late. There was always a tardy person, regardless of the time and place.

I was thinking so and soon noticed something strange.

'But it feels familiar.'

It's too familiar to look at for a moment. Just a glimpse of it is enough to attract my nerves suddenly.

'But where did I see it?'

And I soon realized why.

The hair colour.

The hair colour that I just saw was red. It's not just red. It's a vague red colour with subtle energy as if it failed to dye. I saw the same colour as that only a few days ago.

Irene!

The cherry tomatoes in my hand-rolled down. My mouth is wide open.

Come to think of it, the shape and length are just right. No doubt that was the wig she dropped on the day I found and helped Irene in the market alley.

'There can't be another red-like colour like that, not that failing red.'

I thought about it that way while I saw her back without fail.

'Why is she going into the hunting ground?'

Wait a minute. It's too early to be sure. I think it's probabilistically rare, but maybe what I saw was just a coincidence.

"My lady? Where are you going?"

I left Sir Davery's mysterious voice behind and held on to the nearest imperial official.

A middle-aged man dressed as a servant turned his head at my call.

"What can I help you, miss?"

"I want to ask you something. Is there a servant with red hair who was mobilized for today's hunting competition? He's a little short and dull, around this height and........"

"There's no one like that, miss."

"Are you sure?"

"Not only among the number of servants mobilized today, but even if I search all the imperial servants, there are no servants with that characteristic."

The servant was adamant that he remembered all the colours of the servants' hair. Well, that's understandable. Red is not a hair colour that can be easily seen anywhere.

Even for me, the memory of finding a similar person with me at a meeting or outside could be counted by one hand.

"What's wrong? Any problems?"

"......no, nothing."

I shook my head at the servant and withdrew.

'It was a big deal.'

This doubled the probability that the person I saw was Irene.

'What do I do with this?'

It seemed to me that I was the only one who saw Irene sneaking into this forest, who was believed to be close to certainty, given the appearance of the servant and the reactions around.