Side Story 09

"A carriage accident?"

"Yes, yes."

The man answered with his hands folded politely. That's why it's so crowded?

The man added an explanation as to whether he read my suspicious expression.

"It's... it's just that the man who was hit is an aristocrat."

The man said, glancing at me and Ash.

Nobleman? Do I know him? I was thinking about whether to check it out or not.

"Get out of my way!"

"Everybody back off!"

After receiving a report, the guard appeared and ruined the crowd.

People split into both sides in an instant. Thanks to it, I was able to directly identify who was hit by a carriage.

It wasn't long before I muttered a little.

".......Fren?"

I only saw her once today, but I clearly remembered the dress she wore in the backyard.

The yellow dress.

And it was hard to tell at first glance because it was stained with blood, but it was clear that her hair was multi-brown.

I stared at the body lying on the street without blinking. Then I stumbled.

"Lydia."

Ash, who helped me in a hurry, asked me with a perplexed look.

"Are you all right?"

I nodded with difficulty.

My heart pounded. Then I saw a guard swaying his head with a sombre face as he approached Fren, who had fallen in front of the carriage.

My heart was pounding harder.

It's a coincidence.

It's a coincidence wherever I look at it.

It's literally a carriage accident, and Fren was sadly unlucky.

It was not uncommon. Traffic accidents have been a common factor in my previous life. Not to mention this place, where the transportation system is not as well established as there.

It's a pity, but it can happen as much as it can.

So, no matter how much I think about it, I can't find a connection between what happened to Fren in the backyard today and this accident.

It's even possible that the body isn't Fren.

It makes enough sense. I don't think that dress is the only thing in the whole capital city.

I definitely thought so in my head.

I agreed emotionally.

But why.

"...Ash."

"Tell me."

"It doesn't make any sense if I think about it rationally, but no matter how hard I weigh it, my sense says it is true even if there is not enough evidence...Do you believe that feeling?"

"If it's me."

"Even though I can't explain why?"

"If I can't explain why then it's called guts."

"......yes."

My heart is still beating.

I leaned on Ash and stood a little longer and whispered.