Chapter 83

The faint sunlight that passed through the leaves touched the clean white hair like a joke and then shattered.

I doubted my eyes. I thought I was mistaken.

Or perhaps it was a vision created by my head since I really want to see Ash.

Then I could see a monster behind him, shooting down his claws at him.

"As......!"

I tried to call Ash like a scream but stopped.

Ash swung his sword without looking back. The monster's neck fell off the spot. I could not tell exactly how it was done. Only then did I notice what lay behind Ash like a background.

'The monster's dead body.'

On the drooping blade, a green liquid, believed to be the blood of a monster, was dripping.

"Woooo...."

"Woo......."

The monsters again made a polite cry.

I fully realized it thanks to it. What made the monsters so scared all of a sudden? And the fact that what I'm seeing right now is not a fantasy.

"Oh, no. Who is this!"

Until then, a man who seemed to have regained consciousness after a moment's enchantment shouted loudly.

"The Duke of Widgreen! I didn't expect to see you at a place like this. That's exactly what the rumours say. It's such an honour."

The man raised his voice in an exaggerated way as if his aim was to draw Ash's attention. But no matter what the man said, Ash's eyes did not fall from me. The golden eyes were only directed straight at me from the moment he appeared here.

"Noonim."

Listening to his voice added to the sense of reality.

My heart leapt. My heart throbbed wildly. More than when I thought I was going to die a little while ago.

"Why......."

Ash opened his mouth as if he were trying to say something but soon closed it again. Instead, he came slowly to me.

I thought as I saw Ash's face getting closer.

How could Ash be here now? I'm sure he must have gone to the south. It took a few days to run a carriage or horse all night. But how.

But such a natural question was only for a short time.

Subsequently, there was a sentiment that pushed those questions away and filled my head and chest much more intensely...

I missed him.

I've missed him so much that I can't believe it.

I bit my lips. I almost cried out of tears.

I've come all the way here, avoiding Ash.

I'm going to run away from Ash and his eyes, try not to be caught. The result of the struggle was now here.

Nevertheless, at this moment I couldn't help but feel glad to see Ash. Obviously desperate, things will now flow to the worst, the one I've ever wanted to avoid.

Knowing that I couldn't stop this foolishly clear feeling from taking over me.

Soon Ash knelt down on one knee in front of me where I was sitting.

Until then, the monsters were still scared and just crying.

Then our eyes met.

Ash had an unreadable look on his face. But somehow I felt breathless at the sight of his face.