Chapter Twelve

"Is it really you?" Halos hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Saph sa lalaking kaharap ngayon.

"I know I looked a bit different but yeah, it's me." Sagot ng lalaki na tinakpan pa nito ang kanang bahagi ng mukha nito gamit ang palad.

Upon looking at his half-covered face, she remembered their past and recognized him.

"W-what happened to you? Where were you all these years?"

"Maybe we should go talk inside so we don't disturb your neighborhood here." Suhestiyon nito na kaagad naman niyang sinang-ayunan.

"How have you been, Nate?" Tanong ni Lux pagkapasok nila sa loob ng bahay niya.

"You can say that I'm still the same as before, Xury." Sagot nito na isinampay ang hinubad na pang-itaas sa balikat at saka sumandal sa barandilya ng pintuan niya.

"Yeah, I can see that." Aniya na hinagod pa panandalian ang katawan nito na batak lahat ang muscles.

Noon pa man ay may magandang pangangatawan na ito ngunit mas lalong naging mas batak ngayon at mas nadagdagan ang lakas ng dating nito. Maturity suits him well.

"Stop looking at me like that." There's a hint of playfulness in his tone.

"I never thought you were still in this business."

"Being a fighter runs in my blood." Kibit balikat pa nitong dagdag. "I thought you'd never recognize me."

"I had this strange feeling that I knew you but I didn't push my mind to remember. What about you?" Balik niyang tanong. "Have you known it from the start? Did you recognize me the first time we saw each other at the hospital?"

"I did." Pag-amin nito.

"You did? And yet you acted as if I was a stranger?"

"You were not with yourself that time and you left immediately."

"And what about earlier this evening? We were together at the training ground and you pretended like you don't know me."

"You were there because you volunteered to fight for the Main Event. You were too focused on your intention of winning and I couldn't be a distraction for you. I couldn't stop you earlier so might as well I shouldn't distract you either."

"And after the fight? You followed me to the room and-"

"You were leaving with Brandt." At saka ipinagkrus ang mga braso sa harap ng dibdib. "I tried to stop you but..." He trailed off. "You were distracted even before the battle started. You were distracted because of him."

"Nonsense." She scoffed.

"You like him?" Biglang tanong nito.

"Will you stop, Nate?!" Naiinis na siya dahil hindi iyon ang mga gusto niyang pagusapan nila.

"Alright." na itinaas pa ang dalawang kamay na para bang sumusuko. "You're a full-grown woman now, Xury. It's been a long time."

"Yeah, it is a long time." She agreed.

"Two decades, right? I've missed you, you know? I've missed the little kid who used to be a pain in my butt!" Naiiling pa habang nangingiti.

"You weren't there when it happened."
Seriously looking at him. "I was.... waiting for you." She said as she reminisced that day. "I was waiting for you to save me. I was waiting for you but you never came."

"I'm sorry." Anito na sumeryoso na din. "I'm sorry that I wasn't there when you needed me. " Tumingala pa na para ding inaalala ang mga nangyari noon. "When I came back from our boss's errand and learned that he has sold you to a wealthy woman, I was- .... well, I was relieved because you have the opportunity to change your life instead of rotting in that fucking place!"