Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Will you quit staring at me like that?!" Inis na turan ni Saph sa kapatid. "If you have something to say just say it and stop being weird! You've been like this almost every day since I got here. It's becoming a little annoying, you know?"

"Sorry." Ani Diamond na ngumiti lang nang bahagya. "I'm happy that you're here with me, Saph, and that we're spending time together, but..." Pambibitin pa ng dalaga. ".... I just can't believe the reason why you're here."

"I just need to unwind, a short vacation." At saka nilaro ng hawak na tinidor ang pagkain sa plato. "It's been chaotic for me. Weeks of madness and confusion so I needed a break." Sabay buntong hininga nang malalim.

"Yeah, love is indeed chaotic."

Mabilis naman ang pagtinging ginawa ni Lux sa kapatid dahil sa sinabi nito.

"I didn't say anything about that fucking L word so stop it!" Anggil niya kay Yasi.

"You're the one who should stop denying it. You're in love and that's why you're here. You're here because you're torn between whom to choose." Sabay ngisi. "Damn, Saph, di ko lubos maisip na sa ating lahat, ikaw pa ang maiipit sa dalawang lalaki." Halatang nang-aasar ang tono.

"Hindi ko rin maisip na nagagawa mo nang mang-asar at manukso. As far as I can remember, si Emerald ang may ganyang ugali." Tukoy niya sa isa pang kapatid nila.

"Whoah! You even rolling your eyes at me now." Patuloy pa din nito pagkatapos niyang umirap. "You did change too, huh? You've changed just like the rest of us." Naroon ang tuwa sa tono. "Love changes us."

"If you're comparing me to Ruby on why she was here with you before then please stop. I'm not running away just like she did."

"You're not?" Balik nito sakanya.

"I'm not." Seryosong sagot niya. "It's just that, I realized Madame Pearl was right. Emotions are nothing but a distraction. Yeah, it changes us, it made us weak and vulnerable. And I can't become one. Not now."

"No, you're not becoming weak." Sabay iling nito habang titig na titig sa kanya. "You're just scared."

"Scared?" Sarkastikong ulit ni Saph. "I'm not afraid of anything."

"Yes you are. You are afraid to let yourself be happy because you know it will never last."

Lux stared back at her sister to digest the conclusion she gave her. It may be true that she's afraid to be happy because she knows that nothing lasts forever in this world including love. But there's another reason, a deeper reason for that.

"No." She disagrees with conviction. "It's because I know I don't deserve it."

"Hey." Saka siya tinapik ni Yasi sa balikat. "Everyone deserved something special. You deserved it, okay? You found love, Saph. Don't push it away."

"I don't know." She frustratedly said, almost pulling her hair. "I really don't know what to do. I hate myself for feeling this way. Naiinis ako dahil naguguluhan ako. I've never been like this. I always know what to do. I had no problems in choosing because I know what I want." Napatingala pa siya na para bang naroon ang sagot na hinahanap. "But now, I have no idea of what I want."

"Sooner or later, you need to decide, Saph. I know it's hard and I know you're scared even though you're denying it. You have to be fair to both of them. You're hurting and so are they." Pangaral ni Diamond sa kanya.

"I know."

"Remember, there is a cost, always, to making difficult choices. The key is making sure that cost is not regret."