Chapter Thirty

"A deal is a deal." Wika ni Cornejo habang inilalapag ang isang folder sa ibabaw ng mesa. "I am a man of my word."

Kinuha ni Saph ang folder at binasa iyon. Isang kasulatan iyon na kapag natanghal siyang ultimate fighter sa gabing iyon ay magiging malaya na siya mula kay Cornejo at hindi na sila guguluhin pa ng mga bata.

"Just keep the end of your bargain and everything is set." Pahabol pa nito.

"What about Brandt?" Tanong ni Saph. "We both landed a spot in the final three. If either one of us wins in the battle, you'd still win your fucking bet. So what's your deal with him?"

"Oh, didn't he tell you?" Nakataas ang isang kilay nito. "Or even Juggernaut didn't tell you the news, huh?" Anito na para bang medyo nang-
aasar. "Rebel backed out. He surrendered yesterday because he doesn't want to go against you. So technically, you're the only one left in my team to win my money. I've bet everything I have so you better win, Rogue, or else..."

Hindi niya nagustuhan ang pananakot nito sa kanya.

"You don't get to threaten me, Norberto!" Seryoso niyang balik sa lalaki.

"Just making sure you understood what is at stake here." He said and stood up from the sofa. "I'll leave you be to prepare. You only have less than two hours left before the final battle starts." Naglakad na papunta sa pintuan banda. "Goodluck! Win this and make me richer, Rogue." Ngumiti muna sakanya bago tuluyang lumabas.

Napabuntong hininga muna siya at saka sumandal sa upuan at napapikit. Mas bahagyang nakahinga siya nang maluwag dahil sa kaalamang hindi na niya kailangan pang kalabanin si Finnegan. Alam nito kung gaano ka-importante sa kanya ang manalo kung kaya't nagparaya ito.

"Good for Brandt that he backed out." Nanatiling nakapikit siya nang marinig ang pagpasok roon ni Nate. "Coz he'd probably end up with broken bones if he would go against you."

Simula nang umalis siya noon para takasan ang problema niya sa emosyon ay hindi pa sila nakakapag-usap ng binata. It's not that she couldn't face him, it's that she doesn't want to hurt him. She doesn't want to see him get hurt. She doesn't want to be the reason for his pain because he is still important to her.

Yes, she love Nate. But it's not as great as the love she feels for Finnegan. He is her world now and she's willing to trade her life for his. That's how she loves him.

"Yeah, couldn't be more relieved to hear that news." Sagot niya at saka dumilat. "Coz I won't go easy on him if we ever face each other inside the arena."

Nang magtama ang paningin nila ay siya ang umiwas. Kita niya na may kakaiba sa mga mata nito at alam niya na may bahid iyon ng kalungkutan.

"Let's not be awkward with each other, Xury." At saka umupo sa tabi niya. "I already know that you chose Brandt and I have to accept it even though it's hard and.... painful."

"Nate-"

"It's okay. You don't have to worry about my feelings. I'll be fine." At saka siya tinapik sa braso. "Good luck on your fight. Don't underestimate your opponent. Phantom is a very dangerous fighter. No one can really beat a ghost, right?" Anito sa kanya.

She heard about her opponent- Phantom. He is a skilled fighter and no one ever sees his face and that means, he never loses in any of his battles. He's wearing a full mask that hides his entire face. No one really knows his true identity and he remains a mystery to everyone in the tournament. A ghost indeed.

"Good thing I'm not afraid of ghosts." Bravery with a bit of arrogance in her tone. "We can fight head to head and I will never back down." She looked at him and smiled a bit. "But I'll be extra careful this time." She added to lessen his worries of her.