Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Friday had come around quickly and I still hadn't asked my parents about Lydia and Jackson's party. I've been considering going, oddly enough I didn't want to disappoint Lydia. Allison told me she was going with Scott, which kind of hurt since—maybe it was just me, that Scott and I had a moment in the Animal Clinic. Maybe not, maybe I'm overreacting like I do with everything.

It's Friday night and I'm left alone to make my decisions. I sat alone at my dinner table, consuming the Chinese takeaways I had picked up on the way back from school. I had left school a little bit late, watching Scott's game with Allison. That's when she told me she was going to the party with him.

I've never had a night where it was just me, Mom, and Dad. I probably did once, when I was little, but I can't remember that far back. Nowadays I'm left alone to sort myself out with dinner. I picked at my food, not feeling really hungry. But I had to eat it.

I poured myself a glass of ginger beer we had sitting in the fridge and took a sip. I slumped back into my chair, feeling lonely. Maybe I will go to this party, it might be fun. It'd beat sitting alone and eating, or watching Netflix by myself. I smiled into my cup as I took another sip.

I pulled out my phone and texted Allison and Lydia. Lydia insisted, now that I'm her new 'best friend' I have her number. Which is insane to me.

To (Lydia)
I can come!

To (Allison)
I decided to come! Meet you outside before we go into the party?

Seconds later, they replied.

From (Lydia)
OMG! Yay! Send me a picture of your outfit xx

From (Allison)
Yay! Of course! We can strut in there and steal the show!

I smiled a little. For the first time, I felt wanted-- my phone has pretty much no numbers. Before it only contained Mom, Dad, Lucy, and Sam. Now, it's Mom, Dad, Lucy, Sam, Lydia and Allison. Though it may not seem much, but it's good enough for me.

I chucked out the rest of the Chinese takeaway and turned off the lights downstairs. I walked back upstairs and into my room, making sure my door is left open so I won't have to quickly shut my door.

Now, to get ready. I had a few hours to get ready, which is all I need to be honest. I decided to wear a dress for once. My Mom would buy me some dresses for Christmas, but I never use them, as it's not my style. But, I didn't mind this one. It was a long sleeve dress, that showed my curves. It was cold tonight. And I wore these black leather boots, Dr. Martens.

Feeling okay with the outfit, I decided to ditch the makeup, thinking its best if I do it natural. I slipped on a jacket and snatched the keys from the counter as I head downstairs. I decided to leave Mom and Dad a note if they come home early for some reason.

Hey Mom and Dad!

A friend invited me to a party, it's at Lydia Martin's if you're wondering where I am. I'll be home shortly.

Lots of love, Paige xx

I left the note on the bench. I grabbed my purse that sat on the counter where I had left it previously and turned off any lights that may have been left on, so the neighbours thinks that no one is home.

I walked into the garage and opened my Range Rover. I exited the house and drove to Lydia Martin's, she had just texted me the address.

Soon, I came to a street where it's full of people. I knew it was Lydia's house. The party had just started a few minutes ago and I hoped that Allison was waiting outside like she said she would.