Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

In a supply corridor, Scott begged me to come and get tickets with him in this sketchy place, mostly because Jackson was here. We had been following him all night, and I was exhausted. But, we peered arounded the corner, watching them. Matt happened to be here, too.

Still focused on Jackson, Scott and I slipped in line beside Matt. "Matt. Hey, Matt. How much are the tickets?" Scott questioned Matt.

Matt glanced at us. "75."

"Holy... um, okay. Can I borrow some money?" Scott questioned him.

"How much?" Matt asked.

He looked at me. I had a 80 dollars in my purse right now. I shrugged. "75?" I asked him. Matt shakes his head, giving us a look. Scott and I head to the back of the line.

"Okay, we need to get in." Scott muttered. "How much money do you have right now?"

"I have 80." I answered. "I'll buy myself a ticket, so that way, we're insured that at least one of us can get in there and keep an eye on Jackson."

"Okay, but I'd like it if we were all there. Me, you, Allison, and Stiles." Scott murmured to me.

"Next?" One of the girls behind the bars spoke. It was Jackson. "How many?" I focused my hearing on their conversation. Jackson held up one finger. Jackson offered her the money, and she takes it, giving it to one of her body guards. She hands him a ticket through the bars. "Let's go. Let's get out of here. Let's go."

The elevator lifted them up. Scott and I looked at each other. "Well, what do we do now?"

In the Animal Clinic, the dead bolt clicks back on the front door. Scott steps aside to let Derek and Isaac in while I stood beside him.

"What's he doing here?" I heard Scott asked.

"I need him." Derek answered.

"I don't trust him." Scott informed Derek.

"He doesn't trust you either." Isaac glared over at Scott as we walked further into the animal clinic, in the back.

"And Derek doesn't care. Now where's the vet and is he going to help us or not?" Derek questioned.

"That depends." Deaton spoke, leaning on the doorway. "Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?"

"Save him." Scott and I chimed in.

"Kill him." Derek spoke at the same time and I shoot Derek a look.

"Save him." Scott hisses. Derek doesn't say anything. "Save him."

Deaton brought us inside further. Deaton unlocks a drawer to reveal dozens of glass jars, different grains and petals inside. Isaac reaches for a jar but Derek grabs him by the wrist. "Watch what you touch."

Deaton takes one jar with the symbol of a shield knot on it and views the contents inside. "What are you? Some kind of witch?" Isaac asked, leaning forward on the bench.

"No, I'm a veterinarian. But I do have experience treating an unusually wide variety of animal." Deaton explained. He places the jar back with a look of dissatisfaction. "Unfortunately, I'm not sure if anything here is going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

"We're open to suggestions." Derek told him.

"How about an effective offense?" Isaac glanced at Derek.

"We tried." Derek spoke to Deaton. "I nearly ripped its head off and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up. If anything, I think it's getting stronger."