Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen 

"No, it's me, Scott." Scott had called Allison from my phone as we were still in the basement at the school. Scott had a mega panic attack, knowing Allison could be in danger. And, of course, I was worried too. Scott had a quick conversation with her before hanging up. "Come on."

Scott dragged us as we sprinted again. "Awe, man," I mumble as we finally make it to where we're supposed to meet Allison. We were in the first lobby.

"What are you doing? Why'd you come here?" Scott asked her as we walked towards her.

Allison frowned. "Because you asked me to."

"I asked you to?" Scott gives her a look. She shows him her cell phone and the message on it: Meet me at the school - Scott. Allison notes our reactions.

"Why do I get the feeling you didn't send that message?" Allison asked softly.

"Because I didn't," Scott confessed.

"Did you drive here?" Stiles asked Allison.

"Jackson did," Allison responded.

"Jackson's here?" I asked.

"And Lydia. What's going on? Who sent this text—" Allison's phone rings again, cutting her off. "Where are you?"

Jackson and Lydia hurry around the corner. "Finally. Can we go now?" Lydia asked, looking at all of us now. But before any of them can speak they hear an odd rumbling above us. I took Stiles' hand, and he looked at me briefly, my terrified eyes were stuck to the roof.

"Run," Scott spoke. He spins, pushing us forward as something bursts out of the ceiling panels behind them.

We managed to go into a classroom.

"Scott, wait—not here—not here." I watched as Stiles eyes the big windows and my eyes widen. Scott wasn't listening to Stiles. Swinging the doors closed, Scott spins back to search for a way to barricade us in.

"The desk." Scott points to the desk. "Help me push it in front of the doors."

"What was that? Scott, what was that?" Allison panics.

"What happened to the ceiling?" Lydia squeaked.

He doesn't answer, concentrating his efforts on shoving one of the desks forward. "Just help me!" Scott snapped. Jackson and Allison get behind it as well, sliding it against the doors. Scott's panic seems to infect them all, heightening the fear among the group. "Chairs. Stack the chairs—"

"Guys, hold on." Stiles tried to get their attention. Even a frightened Lydia helps, pushing chairs forward, moving as fast as she can. "Guys, wait a second. Hello."

"Guys!" I snapped angrily, and they all turned to me, pausing what they were doing.

"Okay, nice work. Beautiful job, everyone. Now, what do you think we should do about the twenty-foot wall of windows!" Stiles shakes his hands at the field of glass to his right. Scott and the others look up.

"Can someone please explain what's going on? I'm freaking out here, and I'd at least like to know why." Allison spoke shakily. Scott doesn't respond. Doesn't even look at her.

"Someone killed the janitor," Stiles announced and my eyes widen.

"What?" Lydia snapped.

"The janitor's dead." Stiles continued.

"What's he talking about? Is this a joke?" Allison scrunches up her face, looking at Scott.

But Scott shakes his head. "Who killed him?" Jackson questioned.

"No, no, no. This was supposed to be over. The mountain lion—" Lydia trembled.

"Don't you get it? That wasn't a mountain lion—" Jackson cuts her off.

"Who is it? What does he want?" Allison asked Stiles. I stay perfectly behind Stiles, not saying a word. Stiles looks to Scott for help. But his friend almost seems to be shutting down. Just shaking his head, having no idea what to say while Allison and the others become more panicked. "What's happening? Scott?"

"I don't know—it's just—if we go out there, he's going to kill us." Scott stutters out.

"Us? Kill us?" Lydia squeaks.

Allison turns to Stiles, pressing him. "Who? Who is it?"

"Derek. It's Derek Hale." Scott had spoken, and my mouth dropped.

All eyes turn back to him in shock. Especially Stiles and I. Scott looks almost surprised at saying it himself. "Derek killed the janitor?" Jackson repeated.

"You're sure?" Allison asked.

"I saw him." Scott nodded.

"The mountain lion—" Lydia's eyes widen.

"No. Derek killed them." Jackson snapped.