Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

Catching her reflection in a small mirror hanging inside her locker, Erica smiles at herself, loving her new look. But then her smile fades. She had clearly spotted Scott and I emgering from the shadows, ready to contront her about her new look. Just yesterday, she looked like nothing to compare what she looks like now. Erica is hot and the whole school is talking about how Erica could dethrown Lydia's postions as Queen Bee.

Lydia is not happy.

"Two's not enough for Derek. I know he needs at least three. So who's next?" Scott asked Erica as we appeard with a serious look on his face. Erica is Dereks fresh new Beta if you haven't figured that one out already.

"Why's there have to be a next when we've already got you guys?" Erica approached us, meeting us in the middle of the corridor. Isaac, the new Beta who Stiles was helping out, was also Derek's Beta. He looks like he was building an army, to protect himself with the Betas.

"Who's next?" I demanded.

"You know, I never knew what I looked like during a seizure until someone took a video of me once and put it online." Erica continued, completely ignoring our questions.

I clenched my jaw. "We don't care about your sob story."

"It happened during class. I started seizing at my desk. Everyone's saying they should put something in my mouth until some genius reads the card on my key ring which tells you not to because it could break my teeth." Erica explained.

"Erica—" Scott grew tired of Erica.

"Know what happens next? I piss myself." Erica clenched her jaw. I glanced and saw Scott was now listening, so, I decided too, too. "And everyone starts laughing. You know, the only good thing about seizures was that I never remembered them. Until some brilliant jerkoff has to go put a camera in everybody's phone." She comes closer. Scott backs into the wall. She puts her hands up, trapping him. I didn't like that one bit and I felt myself feeling angry. I also felt like I was being trapped. I could feel Scott's panic. "But look at me now."

Scott, however, looks past her to Allison who watches them. I had followed his gaze. "Oh, that's right. You only have eyes for her." Erica had watched the whole thing.

Grabbing her wrists, he pulls her hands from the wall, pushing her back. Roughly. Which she seems to like. I rolled my eyes in disgust at her lust for Scott. When he turns again, however, Allison is gone. I had an idea of what Allison was feeling, it wasn't strong, but I could tell there was some jealously mixed in there. I felt awful for Allison and I glared at Erica as Scott pushed off her.

Erica went to step forward again but I cut myself in between them, feeling protective over Scott. I had bumped my shoulder into hers so her back hits the lockers, and she looked at me, glaring at me. I was glaring right back as she flashed me her yellow eyes, and I flashed mine seconds after she decided to challenge me.

Erica went to leap forward but Scott grabbed her wrist and she simply smirked. "Let it go, Paige. She's not worth it." Scott snapped, letting go of Erica's wrist. With that, Scott and I walked away together and I glanced over one more time to glare at her, getting out of her sight.

I make my way and sit next to the boys' in the cafeteria as students begin to pile in and take their seat. I dropped my books on the counter, trying to remain calm and focused.

"Scott, you see that?" Stiles had asked Scott and I turned to where they were starring. An empty seat.

"What? It's an empty table." Scott told him.