Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Nine

Last night had been a great night. I still felt giddy about it as I walked into Derek's apartment complex building, going to see Allison the next morning to tell her all about it.

I stepped into the elevator, surprised to see Scott was there. "Hey, Scotty," I grinned.

"Hi, Paige." Scott greeted. "What're you doing here?"

"I'm here to see Allie." I respond, hitting her floor number on the panel. 

"I just saw—" We stopped when a blind man appeared, holding out his stick to stop the elevator door from closing. He walked in, using his stick to navagtive. I felt Scott stiffen, eyes widening. I don't say anything.

"Going up?" The blind man questioned.

"Uh, yeah." I answered for us. "What number?"

"Penthouse, please." The man request and I pressed six. The elevator was silences as we ride. Once the man was gone, Scott turned to me as the door closed.

"That was Deucalion, leader of the Alpha pack." Scott explained quickly and my eyes widen. "He lives here. I need to tell Derek."

"O—Okay." I stuttered and we quickly exited this building, running down the block and finding Derek's loft. We ran up the stairs and rushed into his loft; seeing that Cora, Boyd, Peter, and Derek are standing around the table.

"I know where they are." Scott announced, slowly stopping at the group he saw. I have tried my best to avoid Peter as much as I can.

"Same building as the Argents, we know." Derek informed.

"Cora and I followed the twins." Boyd added on.

"Then they want you to know." Scott quickly said.

"Or, more likely, they don't care." Peter said.

"What is this?" Scott asked as we walked forward, seeing some blue prints on the table in front of us.

"Isn't it obvious?" Peter asked. "The schemers are scheming. Coming up with a coup de main, better known as a pre-emptive strike."

"You're going after them?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." Derek confirmed. "And you're both gonna help us. They're one floor above them in penthouse, right above Allison."

"So, kill them first, that's the plan?" Scott asked as I was trying to wrap my head around this whole plan.

"They won't even see it coming." Boyd had said.

"Why is the default plan always muruder?" Scott asked. "Just once, can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone?"

"You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you?" Peter questioned. "Not that I disagree with him."

"I do." Cora snapped. "Why do we need these kids?"

"These kids helped saved your life." Derek tells his sister. "And you know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make the first move."

"You can't beat a pack of alphas." Scott said.

"That's why we're going after Deacalion, just him." Cora harshly said.

"Cut off the head of the snake and the body dies." Boyd tells Scott.

"Only, this isn't a snake, it's a Hydra." Peter corrected. "And like Scott says, they're all Alphas."

"Deucalion's still the leader." Derek continued with his arms crossed.

Peter turned to look at his nephew. "Let's hope so. Because you know what happened when Hercules cut off one of the heads of the Hydra?"