II

NOTE: SHIP ORIGINAL KRS (ALPHA)/ORIGINAL CALE HENITUSE(OMEGA)

WHITE RADISH IS THE ENEMY.

*******

"I'll see you again... red chick."

Cale couldn't sleep that night. The dark-haired man disappeared after he has given the royal family his gift. The warmth of his calloused hand lingers on his head. He had never been excited as this before. He had never felt these kinds of feelings. It's pleasant and comforting.

"you should sleep..." he jolt up and looked in the direction where the voice was. By the window, there stood the man who called himself Kim Rok Soo, casually letting himself enter the room.

Cale slowly stood up and faced the Lord of the Dark Continent.

"good evening."

"good evening." Kim Rok Soo's voice filled his ears, "you didn't have to wait for me... I said I'll be seeing you..."

"but... I can't sleep..." he said.

Cale Henituse, only ten years old, made the old Kim Rok Soo go on his way when he should've returned to the Dark Continent. The man took out freshly baked apple pies and tea and placed them on the sole table inside the empty room.

Of course, Cale took out some utensils and pulled stacks of books to serve as their sit.

Kim Rok Soo glanced at him and said, "we can sit on the floor."

"but it's cold," Cale replied quickly.

Kim Rok Soo chuckled and took the child in his arms and let him sit on his lap. "better."

Cale stiffen when the man took him by surprise. He had never done this kind of thing with his father nor with his dead mother. He had always been alone and gone were those days where he ignorantly smiled without care for the world.

"come on... eat..." Kim Rok Soo hands him an apple pie. The older man's arms were wrapped carefully over his waist. His back was leaning over the man's broad chest. There's this comforting scent of sandalwood permeating from him.

"My Lord..." Cale cautiously called.

Dark eyes looked at him – questioning... "umm... Hyung-nim?"

"better."

The innocence of a ten-year-old boy shot through Kim Rok Soo's conscience. Of course, when he comes home, that bastard Choi and his annoying Hyung-nim will make fun of him.

"um... why do you want to meet me?" Cale asked.

Kim Rok Soo did not prepare any answer but brilliant mind he has, he answered, "because I wanted to..."

Cale smiled at him and said, "does Hyung like Cale?"

"let's see..." he acted like he was thinking, which made the child on his lap laugh heartily.

"at least someone came to like me!"

Kim Rok Soo smiled at the child. He knew what this child had to go through since he had been watching him from afar after he offered the royal the item. A father who ignored him. A mother who didn't bother herself with him. A brother who's avoiding him. Servants especially the old man and the chef doesn't even care for him.

At least the last two are still feeding him, although the rations are small.

They were spending some time together when Cale fell asleep.

Kim Rok Soo watched him sleep soundly before placing him on the bed. He brushed his head, pat his cheeks and tucked him properly, and left him a beautiful black necklace. Kim Rok Soo kissed the item before he jumps out of the window while glancing back at the child.