V

The Flames that light the darkness of the Dark Continent is fading. Kim Rok Soo stood there and watched the events unfold. It's been a thousand years since this happened. It only means that the 'man' has regained his memories.

"This is a huge problem." Kim Rok Soo said and turned around. High-grade monsters are lurking in the shadows waiting for the flame to weaken. However, Kim Rok Soo, the one who contracted time, stood still and slows down the flame's weakening.

"a fate surely worse than death." He mused and draws his black sword from his spatial pocket.

It was inevitable. Kim Rok Soo who was always where the trouble is, freezes as the stench of blood filled his senses. This detestable situation has been his companion throughout his three thousand years of existence. He had one forgotten the past vision of tears, not the feel of his guts on his boots, or even the maniacal laughter when he's driven to a corner.

Lightning rains began to pour from the sky. Kim Rok Soo, along with the others stood in the middle of the lightning rain. The attack formation brimmed with light.

Kim Rok Soo glance at the entirety of the continent.

It's cold.

It's dark.

Only the torn scream of monsters could be heard in this desolate lang.

"break the regent's seal."

There's only one regent seal in this land.

One that belongs to him.

"Sword." It was a command. A black sword appeared out of nowhere. He raised his sword and brought it down for a slack.

Everyone was waiting for something. The high-grade monster was cut into halves. The excruciating howls and caws reverberated.

Ah.

Kim Rok Soo pondered.

He somehow misses that child.

How cruel of him to break his promises with him.

A high-grade firebird appeared after the fall of the high-grade beast.

"interesting." Lee Soo Hyuk mused. "to think I'd witness some phoenix in all those years."

"Bonghwang of depravity." Choi Jung Soo laughs, "Khahahahahahhaha!"

He launches forward without waiting for the rest.

"ah..." Lee Soo Hyuk lamented, "just why is that brat attacking without waiting for orders?"

"he's the type of man who moves forward without a care for the world..."

"Just what am I going to do with him?"

"best advice? Just get used to it." Kim Rok Soo smirked and jumps into the Bonghwang's.

He had long forgotten it. Feelings that don't matter when their life is on the line.

"If I want to take that child here..." He said in the most serious tone as he stepped up and swung his sword to the side. "I should make this a place where he can be in peace and happiness.

Lee Soo Hyuk stared at Kim Rok Soo for a while, but smiled, "you're already under wraps by that child..."

Kim Rok Soo frowned.

Lee Soo Hyuk continued, "a man takes responsibility when they met the One. I guess the cold-hearted lord of the continent won't be spared too."

"Just what are you talking about?"

Lee Soo Hyuk takes his sword and said, "how uselessly dense of dongsaeng you are despite your brains, Rok Soo-Yah." And he jumps to join the fray.

Kim Rok Soo's lips twitched in annoyance. He felt the kid calling out to him and said, "I guess... I'll be breaking my promise."

They aren't free. Anything uncertain could happen, but Kim Rok Soo would make it so, that this place where he plans to take that child, is a safe place for him to live. This is his priority.

--

Lee Soo Hyuk and Choi Jung Soo only watched how Kim Rok Soo one-sidedly massacre all grade monsters. They can feel the burn of his eyes boring into their scalp, their mind filling the space as they watch him like a murderer for days already.

"I couldn't keep my promise..." Kim Rok Soo blankly said. He was bathing with the monster's blood. He looked like a child whose candy was taken or never given.

"hyung-nim... how should I apologize? I should go..."

"no don't! and your pheromones!"

Kim Rok Soo, lost in thoughts, noticed his pheromones.

"no good huh..." he said. He looked like a broken-hearted puppy. He must want to go to the child.

Lee Soo Hyuk, "go to your room for now... we'll send a message to your pair..."

"no... don't..." Kim Rok Soo said, "I'll be the one to tell him..."

"What a possessive bastard."

"at least he's acting cute, for the expressionless master of stoic appreciation."

"check your things again." Kim Rok Soo's responses come.

Lee Soo Hyuk and Choi Jung Soo didn't say anything anymore. Only a sigh of relief came out when Kim Rok Soo finally went his way to his room to spend his rut alone.

However, on the very same day...

They can see an agitated Alpha trashing their people around.

"Hey! Kim Rok Soo! Control your temper."

"who touched him?"

Who touched him?

They were confused as to who Kim Rok Soo pertained to.

But his pheromones took down almost all other alphas in the vicinity.

He opened a gate, one directing where the omega child was.

"FOLLOW AFTER HIM!" Lee Soo Hyuk cried.

Kim Rok Soo will destroy everything if something happens to that child.

Sometimes a person would step up when they see their loved ones afraid.

Kim Rok Soo would never act like this if no one hurt that child.

Lee Soo Hyuk, the ever-understanding leader of the continent ordered before they entered the gates, "I need ten men to come with us! If you see a redhead! don't touch him but protect him with everything you can!"

"holy...." Choi Jung Soo muttered.

The burning annex building where Little Cale lives was burning.

They began extinguishing the fire while they prepare to enter the building.

But there's a Kim Rok Soo, holding the redhead child in his arms as if he's protecting him from the world.

It was perfect, chivalric action – if not for the golden eyes from the Alpha.

TBC