XV

Deruth Henituse was currently busy in the Castle preparing everything. Cale simply replied that he will be attending his younger sister's birthday party. It made him ecstatic. He wants Cale to be a part of this.

In addition, he has asked for a formal apology for how he has been treated.

A massive portal appeared soon after, right at the county's entrance.

Kim Rok Soo emerges from the portal, holding his child's hand and assisting him in exiting the portal. Cale became even more beautiful and healthier than he was before leaving the county. His cheeks were round. He's been fed well in there. His eyes were crystal clear, filled with both anxiety and relief.

"Hello, Lord."

Lord?

Deruth felt a sharp pain inside his chest. Cale addresses him as Lord rather than the father. He was overcome with sadness as he repeated those words in his head. He had a feeling this was the last time Cale would see him in this life.

"Lord?"

He forced a smile and looked at his son. Cale kept his distance from him. Cale smiled at him as if nothing was wrong, but he felt bad about sending him there for the entire year he wasn't here.

All of his thoughts were shattered by a single happy smile directed at someone else.

He takes a deep breath and decides that if this is the last time he sees him, he should give him everything instead of begging. Cale, like his mother, would not want to be looked after because his actions right now are pity-based.

"Shall we go?"

Cale nodded and followed the Count. Kim Rok Soo stood there watching the father and son enter the county. Cale has been to Dark Continent for a year. He'd been sorting through his emotions for a year.

"Hyung..."

"yes?"

"I want to stay with Father throughout this event."

Cale's question was out of the ordinary. He was aware that the child had decided to confront his feelings, but he was too young to do so on his own. However, he is unable to inform him of this. Unlike Cale, Kim Rok Soo had no recollection of his family.

On the other hand, the days of the celebration passed. Cale was seen following Deruth around like a sidekick. The father and son handled everything with care, and the big day arrived quickly.

It was lavish. Even for a child who had prepared all of this, it was extravagant. It was, however, majestic enough because the son-in-law was a lord from another continent.

Cale and Kim Rok Soo danced. Cale's height is still insufficient for a proper dance with the older man, so they were just twirling around. Cale looked at his father as the events unfolded.

"Can I please have this dance?"

Male Omegas are not prohibited from dancing with people of the same gender or class. So long as you're an Alpha or a Beta. It's only natural for them to dance as father and son because Deruth was an Alpha.

The music began to play. Deruth carefully guided his son through the waltz.

"It's the same..."

"What is it?" Deruth inquired.

"We did the same dance when Mother was still alive."

Deruth paused. He could feel his eyes becoming warm. His vision was gradually filled with tears.