IV

His journey back to Henituse County was uneventful. The Hawk that Hyuk-Oppa gave him took a liking on top of his separate carriage.

"caw!" Cale opened the window of the carriage. The Hawk came in and settled on the stand in front of him. He caressed its beautiful silky feathers. "Will Hyung come tonight?"

The hawk caws and points and pecks on the black necklace on his neck. Cale looked down and held it. He didn't say anything as he held it close to him, "I want to see him." The child looked sad but held his swelling emotions as he looked outside.

The moon shines so brightly. Its silvery luster reflected his reddish-brown. The night reminds him of Kim Rok Soo.

"he'll look cool if he appears in all black and with a frown!" he beams but he did not expect to see Kim Rok Soo standing outside of his carriage.

"of course, I'd look cool." The older man frowns.

Cale heartily laughs and got out of the carriage. He ran so fast and hugged the man's waist. "Hyung!"

He felt Kim Rok Soo's arms around his back and later he was brought in his arms. Cale wrapped his arms and feet around Kim Rok Soo. He was swaying his leg while giggling brightly.

"you seem happy." Kim Rok Soo comments and walks into the forest.

"you looked like a knight but in black armor!" Cale happily said and placed his head over the man's shoulders. Sandalwood. He liked this man's scent. Cale couldn't help but bury his head on Kim Rok Soo's neck.

When they reached the heart of the forest, a red dragon was standing proudly before them. The red dragon looked at him. Red color, red eyes, and beautiful scales that the moonlight reflect several colors on it.

"Ryung Miru." Kim Rok Soo said, "it means bright dragon... go on... you can touch him."

The dragon stared at Cale for a long time. He hesitantly reached out. He closed his eyes not to meet the dragon's gaze – until he felt the cold scale on his palm. The red dragon, Ryung, tilted its head and opened its wings as if welcoming him.

"I am Ryung! Nice to meet you!"

He was surprised to hear a young boy's voice from the dragon. Smoke surrounded them and a boy with a redhead and red eyes looked at him. He looked like Kim Rok Soo but the demeanor was quite different.

"I am three hundred years old!"

Cale looked at Kim Rok Soo, "dragons grow slow."

He nodded his head and once again Ryung took his dragon form. Cale was surprised that Kim Rok Soo placed him on the back of the dragon before he sat right behind him.

"Alright! Hang on tight!" the dragon happily said and flew up.

Cale shrieked as he held onto the dragon. Kim Rok Soo's arms wrapped around his waist.

"look..." the low tone voice whispered in his ears. He slowly opened his eyes and sees the beautiful scenery from below. The lights, the cities, and the forest were illuminated by torches coupled with the moonlight.

"it's beautiful!" he happily said.

"are you happy?"

Cale looked at Kim Rok Soo and smiled, "yes! This is the first time I've seen something like this!"

That smile made the older man also smile. They flew quite a distance before they returned. Cale was already sleeping soundly when Kim Rok Soo brought him back to the Henituse Camp.

He opened Cale's carriage doors and put him on the couch. He stroked Cale's hair and patted his head. He removed his simple coat, drenched with his pheromones, and cover Cale with it.