VII

Everyone was shocked to see a grown-up mature Alpha protectively and possessively embracing a young Omega.

Deruth Henituse was shocked. He couldn't help but stare at the alpha with gleaming golden eyes.

Dominant Alphas had golden eyes whenever they were triggered or in a rut.

The Henituse county was just celebrating the new addition to their family. At first, he wanted to have Cale attend but the child refused to talk to him. It was almost an hour when they heard the loud explosion coming from the annex.

A rad dragon pinned on the ground, Ron and Vicross bloodied all over, and a hawk flapping its wings in retaliation. The entire building was burning. Deruth wanted to rush over when the black-haired man, with powerful pheromones, stood in front of them and disposed of the enemies with a single attack.

The black-haired man glanced at him but ignored him as he stepped into the burning building. There were screams, but the majority were crying. It was just ten minutes ago when the rumbles and thuds stopped echoing.

"Extinguish the fire!"

Several black robe men began working to extinguish the fire. Two of them were preparing to enter the rescue when the black-haired man, whose robes were burning, and arms revealed with burn marks came out of the burning building.

But the man was holding the redhead child in his arms as if he were protecting him from the world.

It was perfect, chivalric action – if not for the golden eyes from the Alpha.

Deruth Henituse gasp and calmed himself down.

"Kim Rok Soo." One of the two-person readying for rescue spoke, "put the child down..."

The man, Kim Rok Soo, tilted his head – confused.

"you're in a rut..." the other person continued, "don't hurt the child..."

He's in a rut? The man who just came to rescue Cale was in a rut?

Kim Rok Soo looked at the child.

"he... won't let go..." the alpha was trying to keep his sanity. Cale is not letting him go.

"Cale-ah..." the older man spoke, "Hyuk-Oppa is here... Rok-Hyung might hurt you... can you let go?"

Cale flinched and looked at the other alpha. He reaches out his arms and finally lets go of Kim Rok Soo. Cale obediently let the older alpha touch him.

"Hyung..."

"shh... it's alright... it's alright... he's just sick... don't worry..." the man named Hyuk glanced to the other alpha, "Jung Soo-Yah take care of Kim Rok Soo."

"Alright."

Deruth watched them in confusion but didn't say anything. The man who was called Choi Jung Soo approached Kim Rok Soo and made him pass out with a single chop on his neck.

"Hyung!" Cale flailed in Hyuk's arms. "no... don't... Hyung!"

"no! no! don't take Kim Rok Soo away!" Lee Soo Hyuk ordered. He can feel repulsive pheromones from the child. Then Hyuk turned to him, "are there any rooms in the county? Or... can we bring the child back to the continent?"

"we... have spare rooms," Deruth said and led them to the guest room.

Everything went by so fast that Deruth had no time to think about what happened. Cale was holding onto Lee Soo Hyuk while a few of the black robes went into the room alternately. Bandages after bandages were taken out. There were low growls from the inside. Deruth wanted to take Cale away but the latter refused his offers and remained by the doors of the guest room.