VI

It's been two weeks since Cale invited Kim Rok Soo on his birthday.

Cale had some pocket money so bought all sorts of sweets that Kim Rok Soo might like. He was preparing a small feast, along with Ryung and Nhat (the hawk).

"Would Rok-Hyung-nim like them?"

"He likes apple pies." Ryung secretly whispered.

"I'll buy them then!" He happily said and returned to the estate with these treats.

He was preparing for the past two weeks. Ever since his mother died, no one celebrated his birthday with him. That's why he's so happy to have Kim Rok Soo spend his day today!

He fixed the half robe that Kim Rok Soo gave him before. No one bothered him or recognize him even if he put the hood down there's the alpha's scent rubbed on it, so anyone would think he was an alpha.

Usually, a person would know their second gender when they first had their heat or rut or reach a certain age. Cale was studying all sorts of things and recognized the fact he was an Omega.

He heard stories about Omega's being kept in their houses until they're marriageable age. Some are scared of coming out of their house or they despise the fact that they're an omega. However, Cale Henituse was different. He can't help it if he's born an omega. He just needed to accept that fact and live with it. However, after being called the one and after meeting Kim Rok Soo, he was even happier that the so-called fated pair from the tales and legends he read, was him.

He grew tired of his life living as everyone told him to.

Only Kim Rok Soo allowed him to be who he wanted to be.

He may not be good with anything but he'll try with his very hands something he wants to be.

So that he can proudly stand by his side.

He may not be good with fighting and all, but accounting and politics are different things for him. The Dark Continent needed someone to take on administrative matters after all those years. It's what Ryung told him before.

"Are we going back now?" Ryung asked.

"yes... are you tired?"

"no... come ride my back, we'll be home in no time."

He smiled at the red hound and teleported back to the Henituse Castle. They can't appear in the room since there are quite a few defensive spells around the castle. So, the dragon had to teleport near the entrance.

When he came back, no one bothered looking after him or greeting him today. He walked down the hall and met his father who looked at him.

"where were you?" Deruth asked.

"I went out..."

His father eyed his red hound and hawk. He didn't reprimand him. He just patted his head and said, "you will soon leave for the imperial palace."

Cale suddenly felt chills. He understood and at the same time not.

Noble children, especially omega's, are betrothed to another noble child. If he's going to the capital once again, it's either a royal or someone from the Orsena family or their sub-families.

"Are you kicking me out?" he asked.

Kim Rok Soo once told him that it's alright to voice out his feelings. He very much knew and felt the growing distance between him and his family. He just didn't dare tell him.

He never would've thought his eleventh birthday would turn out like this.

"I..." He calls out in a low tone, "I don't want to marry..."