back at the camp/ waking up

It was all wrong.

Y/n has been missing since the dual trial.

The doctor only keeps his subjects for, at most, three trial cycles. But we haven't seen them since. Six trials have come and pass, no sign of the doctor, y/n or the huntress.

People's moral was low, more so than usual. If they don't turn up soon then we may end up underperformed in our trials, then more of us would go missing if those tapes were to be believed.

On the fourth trial we thought we heard sobbing coming from the cabin, in the red forest, not the sort that would be expected of  someone who wants to escape. No, this one was animalistic. It was one from a hunter, one that was unable to feed themselves to stave off hunger.

More importantly it was one from a damaged soul who was broken. I tried to find an entrance desperate to get in and save them. I only found a single doorway in the otherwise impenetrable wall, guarded by a series of thick spikes and smoke, preventing even the briefest of glances inside.

The trial ended quickly after that, the trickster ended up leaving us dead in the mud, with Yun-Jin being the sole survivor again.

But I had an idea where y/n was being held, this leads me to now. With three others sitting around trying to figure out a plan of action.

"We could always take out that big fella with the chainsaw to cut shit down with."

We all gave a long stare to the "genius" that suggested it, his desire for action with a chainsaw and shotgun never dying.

"What too soon? Well what can I say, old habits die hard"

Well he was right to a degree, some of us would love to fight back and use their weapons to aid us. Sadly the brave bunch of us learnt the hard way when a killer was missing a weapon.

Annoyingly the save y/n group is going nowhere...

_______________________________

(Back in the hundred acre...wait what? Wrong wood? Ugh the red forest then)

My eyelids were heavy but I still pried them open, and there my heart fluttered and caused me to spring my eyelids apart. There in front of me was Anna, with her head nuzzled into my chest. I gently moved my arm from her back and gently pushed my fingers through her hair, pulling the slight knots that were littered throughout.

Soon I felt the gentle stirring from the bigger woman as she woke up, She hugged me tighter as her eyes strained against the light. Like a small kitten waking up from their first nap.

She slowly pushed off the bed, in doing so causing the bed to give out a creak of desperation. She was completely off now, slightly hunched over as her silhouette came over me. I felt a pair of dry but soft lips touch my forehead after she brushed my hair away.

My heart almost left my chest at the fact it wasn't a cruel dream my head pulled to torture me. It was either that or it was teasing me a bit longer

But deep down I knew it was real, the fat I'm trapped forever in another world, the fact that I've been on the brink of death and the fact that I now have a cute protector.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey all sorry for the delay in uploads (work sucks...I know) but we're seeing some intriguing development between Anna and y/n so that's always nice

Also also, we didn't hear about the survivors in a while so I thought that would be good to toss in and see how others feel about this

As always I'm sorry if it's short, I'm trying to increase the length of it but it's hard :( as always until next time

Good morning or elsewhere good afternoon, good evening and goodnight