panic reduces rationality

sorry for the grave chilling time lol, sadly a shorter chap as i regain footing

More trial cycles went by, still no red forest. To say people were worried about the worst was underhanding it. Ash was getting more twisted with things, as shown by his unconscious reaching for his missing boomstick.

The other two, Jake and Feng, still seemed to hold it together. If only to keep an air of normalcy.

That left me to keep planning and ensure that the worst case scenario ran like a finely tuned engine. But with how sporadic the entity was, that was unlikely to be the case.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Six more trials passed before Yui and I found ourselves in the red forest for a trial, seems like something might be turning around for us.

Desperately fleeting to the big cabin, i hoped to start finding the same spikes i saw before.

Nothing.

There was nothing that showed where the spikes used to be.

"No no NO NO"

This wasn't true, i didn't run over here, up the creaky stairs for nothing.
I started slamming my fists into the wall, desperate for anything, desperate for a sign, for a glimpse of them again.

More slamming ensued until...
Craaack

I soon felt my weight fall through the now open wall with a deafening thud.

'Now if this wasn't my lucky break then i don't know what is'

Quickly getting to my feet, I observed the immediate area that i had fallen into.

Barren, very barren. Some raggedy curtains, a solid floor and a rickety bed frame

Then I noticed it, a faintly human shape, softly breathing on the bed frame, as if passed out.

Inching closer i noticed it.

It was Y/N.

I felt like i could cry out, so much difficulty and pain, all to be released upon seeing the snoozing body.

I was slightly hopping about until a sound made me stop dead in my track.

Anna pov now

I dropped a hatchet on the floor to stop the intruder.

They broke into my territory.

They broke into my nest.

They.

Broke.

Into.

Her.

ROOM.

She was going to pay, her sacrifice was not needed with two hooked for its feast.

No, this one was going to be special, she was my kill.