.;1;.

vance hopper. bruce hates him. he hates his stupid hair, he hates his stupid smirk, he hates his stupid clothes, and most of all, he hates his stupid personality.

he has never been kind to bruce, sometimes he wonders why, but then he remember vance hates everyone. except his dickwad friends terry and jonah. they have never been kind to bruce either. he doesn't understand why, he's never even did anything to ever upset them. oh, right, they hate everyone.

vance hopper had never physically hurt bruce. he would just say mean things and toss his things around. bruce has biology, math, and history with him. he sits beside him in everything except math. in math bruce sits behind him.

bruce swung his backpack over his shoulder, and said a heartfelt goodbye to his parents and walked out of his door. bruce always takes his bike everywhere, except for school. he doesn't want anyone stealing it. in school bruce was well liked, but that doesn't mean they can't steal his bike.

school was complete shit. vance only went because of his friends, terry and jonah. they can be a pushover, but so can vance. so it's alright. at school he was leaned up against his lockers while talking shit about everyone. it was truly the best part about school.

bruce yamada walks in. vance fucking hates bruce yamada. he's a star student that everyone likes. besides vance and his friends of course. bruce looks at him for a second before looking away and going to his friends.

it's strange how he doesn't look at vance like everyone else. they all gave him dirty looks or scared looks, but not bruce. vance knows he's scared of him, he just won't show it. the bell rings and he separates from terry and jonah to go to math. vance also fucking hates math. he's ninety percent sure he's failing it.

vance walks into the class and sits in his usual seat in front of bruce. vance has never physically hurt him, unlike everyone else vance hates. he's not too sure why, he has always wanted to land a sucker punch right to his stupid face. vance shook bruce from his mind and turned his attention to his teacher who was babbling on about equations.

vance watched the clock tick by every minute until there was only one left. he zipped up his backpack and immediately left once the bell rung. he then went to his next class, then it was lunch. vance spotted bruce by the tree he always sat at. he never ate anything, instead he always read a book. vance always called him a nerd for that.

"hey fuckhead." vance snarled, snatching bruce's book from his hands. he looked up and vance and hurriedly stood up. "hey! give that back," bruce shouted, attempting to grab his book back.

vance stretched his arm into the air so bruce couldn't reach. using his other hand, he grabbed bruce's wrist and tugged it back down to his waist.

"ow! you're hurting me!" bruce told vance as his grip tightened. vance looked from the book, down to bruce, "that sucks," he said nonchalantly. however he did loosen his grip so it was just tight enough to keep bruce's hand from slipping out.

"so, stephen king, huh? you didn't strike me as a person to read stephen king," vance pointed out as he inspected the front cover. bruce didn't say anything, so vance let go of his wrist and lowered the book. "it was my dad's, give it back," bruce finally said.

"really? then i guess it would be a shame if i were to.." vance trailed off as he opened the book to the middle and ripped out about fifty pages.

"what the fuck, why would you do that?!" bruce gasped as he grabbing the pages that fell to the ground, along with the book vance dropped. "your lucky it wasn't your fucking hair i was ripping out." vance snarled.

bruce gave up collecting the pages, and took what he had and ran inside of the school. vance could tell he was crying. vance felt slightly bad, and he wasn't sure why. vance never felt bad for what he did to others. but things seemed so different with bruce.

"yo, vance!" terry called out. vance turned around to see terry and jonah walked towards him. "saw what you did with bruce," terry continued.

"yeah, that was epic! fucking baby ran off crying, what did you say to him?" jonah laughed, holding up his hand for a high five. vance reluctantly returned the high five as he laughed.

"just threatened him," vance told them hesitantly. "doesn't take much to make him upset," terry laughed, jonah agreeing with him.

"oh, yeah! he's so annoying." vance told them, knowing what he had said was a lie. bruce wasn't annoying at all. vance is only being rude to him because terry and jonah were the only people in the whole town to ever want to be friends with him, and he didn't want to ruin that just because of a dumb boy he doesn't even care all that much about.

back in the 8th grade, vance was bullied for having no friends, over the summer he became who he is today. vance's first day of highschool, he befriended terry and jonah because they had said even though it was his first day, people were already speaking of how he was the toughest kid in school.

a fight broke out the summer between 8th-9th grade that led vance to get arrested. not just brought to a police station for an hour, but being shoved in a cell for two days. rumors spread about vance and that's how everyone became scared of him.

the bells rung and terry and jonah stopped their talking, and the two walked back inside. vance stayed outside for an extra minute before headed back inside, and to his class.

vance entered biology, where he also sat next to bruce. he was already there, and his eyes were a light red. when vance sat down, bruce scooted his seat further away from vance.

"alright. today is the day you have all been dreading," the teacher began, "frog dissection day!" he proudly told the class. everyone groaned at the mention. one alive frog was placed at every table before the teacher began explaining again.

"you will be partnered with the person you are sat next to. you may begin."

bruce looked over at vance. was he really partnered with vance hopper? vance glanced over at him, so bruce turned his attention to the squirming frog on the tray. any sight of blood made bruce want to throw up, so hopefully he could get away with letting vance do all the work.

bam first chapter all done !! i have monday off because its thanksgiving. if you guys dont see any chapters 5+ days after that, assume the worst. i fucking hate my relatives except one family that lives 3 fucking hours away 😾

anyways... isnt the line 'its the day youve all been dreading. frog dissection day!' from like a show or something? ive been thinking it might be the chucky show but i honestly have no clue.

(1211 words.)