.;17;.

(this is gonna be a short one cuz it's just how bruce finally came to terms that he likes vance so enjoy this mess ig 🤷‍♀️)

it was finally saturday after what seemed like the decade long week. bruce had made plans with finney and robin to hang out at finneys house.

"fin, who's that?" asked a girl, who seemed younger than finney. "gwen, this is bruce," finney pointed. "bruce? oh, right! i've had- nevermind," gwen mumbled before she walked back to her room.

"when does your dad get home?" robin asked him. "not until later tonight," finney told him. bruce wasn't sure how to include himself into the conversation, so instead he stayed quiet.

after a few hours bruce decided he would go back home. he hummed yet another pink floyd song, looking at the houses pass by as he walked along the sidewalk. until he bumped into someone.

"shit, sorry! i didn't see you," bruce blurted out as he looked up at the person, seeing it was only vance. "oh, vance. hey!" bruce waved.

"hi," vance said simply. "where were you headed?" bruce asked him. "just the grab n' go to play pinball," he shrugged. bruce nodded. bruce really admired vance. perhaps he was so drawn to vance because bruce liked him.

woah. what the fuck? i do not like him. bruce thought to himself. "uh. i gotta go now," bruce rushed out, speed walking away.  vance watched him, being awfully confused. he turned back around anyways and continued walking.

"mom!" bruce yelled, out of breath from running all the way back home. she appeared at the top of the stairs. "yes?" erik asked as she walked down the stairs.

"can i talk to you about something?" bruce asked. "of course! what is it?" erik smiled. "i like someone.." bruce told her.

"amazing! so, who's the lucky girl?!" she asked in an excited tone. girl. how was bruce supposed to tell his mother that it was a boy?

"that's the thing," bruce shook his head, looking down at his feet. "what do you mean?" she asked, tilting her head and placing a hand on his shoulder. "i'm not supposed to like this person," bruce kept his gaze anywhere but his mom.

"why not? you know i don't care who you date," erik said, patting his shoulder reassuringly. "would you- would you care if it was.. a boy?"

"a..boy?" she asked. bruce nodded. "as in.. you like a boy?". bruce nodded once again. "oh," erik said slowly. she didn't say anything for a moment, which worried bruce. so he looked up and saw his mother staring at him with a blank expression.

"i don't know what to say," she shook her head. "so, you're gay?" she whispered. bruce nodded again. he opened his mouth to say something, yet no words came out.

"that was unexpected. you've been so perfect all your life, and- and then you tell me this," she shook her head. bruce still couldn't speak. his mother didn't support him. what she had said left bruce with nothing to say.

"who is it you like? i can try getting used to it. i've just never known someone- like that. and- and i will try to accept you,". that made bruce feel a bit better. it would be good enough for him.

"oh," bruce finally spoke, "thanks, mom. but i'm still not a hundred percent sure that i like him," he shrugged. "tell me how you feel about him," erik said, sitting down on the stairs, bruce doing the same.

"i really like hanging around him. i like his smile, i like his hair, and i like his eyes. he has a nice personality but sometimes he can be a bit.. rude. i don't know, i just started questioning it," bruce admitted. his mother nodded along the way.

"i reckon you like him. but that's for you to fully figure out. wait, holy crap. is it vance?" she gasped. bruce's eyes widened.

"what? why would you think it's him?" bruce questioned. "well.. when he kissed your forehead. i saw the way you reacted. i thought you were saying something or whatever," erik reasoned.

"true. then yeah, it is him," he nodded.

it had taken bruce long enough to finally figure out, he likes vance hopper. but what would be do about it? absolutely nothing. vance seems like he'd be homophobic to bruce.

ba boom. they like eachother. it would be a shame if something were to happen. blah. this was a sucky chapter

(757 words.)