.;20;.

after a painful two hours of walking around amy finally informed bruce the two could go home now. "can you help me sort my candy when we get home?" amy asked him.

"i'm tired. when i get home i'm going right to bed," bruce yawned. "ugh, why are you so old?" amy groaned in annoyance. "i've been walking around for hours, ams. i need rest," bruce told her.

"fine, but i hope you know i'm not sharing any then," she crossed her arms. "i don't really care," bruce sighed.

when they arrived home, amy ran into the living room and sorted out her candy with their parents, while bruce walked up into his room, quickly changed and flopped into his bed.

bruce didn't want to, but he began thinking of vance again. he just couldn't get the image of her and that girl out of his head. as much as it was wrong, bruce wanted so badly for vance to be kissing him instead. but he knew that could never happen.

bruce was stupid to even think for a second he had a chance with vance hopper. bruce rolled over to his side so he was facing his wall.

bruce jolted up when he heard a light tap coming from his window. he looked over to it, seeing vance's face outside. what the hell was he doing at bruce's house?

bruce opened his window, and vance climbed in. he managed to trip on a loose piece of clothing and fell right on his face. "ow," vance complained as he wobbly stood up.

"what are you doing here?" bruce asked. "what are you doing here?" vance repeated, slurring his words. "oh my- vance. are you drunk?" bruce sighed. vance stared at him for a moment before he responded.

"no.. i would never!" vance laughed a bit before he flopped on bruce's bed. "vance you can't be here. if my parents find out they'll kill me," bruce knew his parents wouldn't find out, he just wanted vance gone because he unknowingly broke his heart.

vance hummed in reply yet didn't move. "vance," bruce said, hoping he would get the hint. yet he didn't respond, nor make a noise. "vance?" bruce repeated, this time worried.

bruce struggled to flip vance on his back, and when he did, he saw vance was passed out. bruce sighed. he threw a blanket over top of him and sat down at his desk. bruce couldn't help himself but to glance back at the sleeping vance. bruce jumped when vance suddenly sat up.

"oh! bruce? oh no!" vance frowned, looking around bruce's room. "i'm right here," bruce said as he stood up. "hello," vance smiled. "hi," bruce mumbled.

"is halloween? yeah. party was epic!" vance nodded. bruce frowned at the mention of the party. he thought it was epic? he must've really liked that girl then.

"mhm, must've been so fun. me and my sister were next door and uh.. i saw you kissing that girl. do you- you know. like her?" bruce questioned, hoping it wasn't weird.

"sarah? no way, she's weird. i like you better," vance told him casually. "oh, okay. you mean in a friend way.. right?" bruce was hoping vance would say no, but even if he did, he was pretty drunk. he probably wouldn't even remember anything.

"sure, i guess. you're a good friend bruce," vance grumbled. bruce was glad that vance didn't like sarah, but he doesn't like bruce, either. it's not like he could. gay people aren't exactly popular in the 1970's.

"yeah. are you going to be sleeping here?" bruce asked. "your bed is comfortable," vance turned over adjusted the blankets. "i'll take that as a yes," bruce whispered.
••

bruce hadn't slept at all that night. he instead sat at his desk, staring at the wall in front of him.

"motherfucker," bruce heard vance growl from behind him. he turned around, seeing vance sat up, his head in his hands. "what're you doing up?" bruce asked. vance looked up at him.

"bruce? what am i.." vance paused as he remembered everything that happened the night before. the party, getting drunk, sarah. oh god.

"oh. anyways it's eight, bruce," vance informed him. bruce's eyes immediately darted to his clock. "i thought it was two or something," bruce sighed.

"did you get any sleep?" vance asked, standing up. "apparently not," bruce rubbed his eyes. "alright, stand up, you're getting some sleep," vance said, tugging bruce out of his chair.

"fine. but can i ask you something first?" bruce looked back to vance. "go ahead," vance was praying it wasn't anything about the party. but bruce wasn't there, so he couldn't have anything to ask about that.

"i know i asked you last night, but i'm asking you again now that you're sober," bruce warned him. "i was next door to the house you were at and um, i saw you kissing that girl. do you.. like her?" bruce wondered.

vance paused for a moment as he remembered bruce asking him that question last night. "no. i don't like her," vance said. bruce nodded and climbed into his bed. "will you still be here when i wake up?" bruce asked.

"i guess you'll find out," vance knew he would be leaving, he had no reason to stay. bruce turned over, facing away from vance and fell asleep. vance climbed out his window and left.

bruce awoke the next morning, not being surprised that vance wasn't there. but he was glad that bruce had been told, while drunk and sober, vance did not like that girl. but that doesn't mean bruce had any higher of a chance that vance likes him.

(ONE WEEK LATER cuz i said so.)

"bruce!" his sister yelled as she slammed open his door. "what?" bruce groaned. "your friend is here, he says to get ready or else," amy said as she shut his door. bruce tiredly sat up and had a quick shower then threw on the first outfit he could grab.

bruce ran downstairs and opened the front door, seeing finney on the ground while robin stood above him. finney quickly stood up and dusted himself off.

"hey! wanna crash a party with us?" robin smiled. "wasn't there a party literally a week ago?" bruce asked. "yeah, but this is someones birthday. everyone always takes any excuse for a party," finney informed him.

"i don't really like parties. i'll just stay home," bruce was about to close the door, but robin quickly stopped him.

"no way, you're coming! let loose a little, man," robin reasoned. "fine. i'll go, but you two better not leave me," bruce sighed, walking out the front door.

—-
dont mind that random time skip, i wanna get to the datey stuff just as much as you guys 😾 or death both works for me 🤷‍♀️

(1142 words.)