.;24;.

bruce flung open his front door and walked straight to his living room, breathing heavily. the rain drops falling off his body made a small puddle on the floor.

"bruce? you good?" his sister asked, putting down her colouring book. "i-i'm fine," bruce breathed out. he picked up the phone hanging on the wall and quickly dialled robin's house number.

"hello?" asked robin through the phone. "robin! it's me, bruce," he informed him.

"oh, hello. what happened with you and vance?" robin asked. bruce looked up to his sister, "go to your room," bruce told her. she shrugged and left.

"he kissed me," bruce whispered through the phone. "holy shit.." robin mumbled. "yeah. i just ran. i don't know what to do," bruce shook his head.

"well just tell him you're not into him like that and just go from there," robin suggested. bruce paused.

"but robin i- i do like him." bruce admitted. "yeah yeah i know you like him being your friend and all but-"

"no! i like like him, robin!" bruce cried out. robin didn't respond for a minute. "you.. you do?" robin whispered.

he now fully regret pushing vance to punch him then admit it. if he had known bruce liked him he would have never done that. he just wanted to protect him from vance. if robin never did that, the two would've been fine.

"mhm," bruce mumbled. "jesus. bruce, i am so sorry, if i'd have known i never would've got vance to tell you. go find him, he's probably at the grab n' go," robin quickly told him.

"you're okay with that? you know, liking him, and after he punched you and all," said bruce.

"i don't care. if you like him, go for it. it doesn't matter what i think," robin told bruce. "okay, but what about if-" bruce was cut off by the sound of robin hanging up on him. bruce dropped the phone, not caring if he broke it, and ran out the front door. he had to find vance.

it was still pouring, but bruce didn't care, that didn't matter. he ran as fast as he could to the convience store. he threw open the doors, only to find vance wasn't there. where would he go now? he doesn't know where he lives. this place was the only hope bruce had.

vance wanted to find him too. so once he reached his house, he began thinking. he shouldn't have just left like that. he should talk to him, tell him it was a mistake. anything that would make bruce forgive him, he would do.

vance turned back around and pushed open his front door. he sped walk to bruce's house, slamming on the door when he arrived. bruce's little sister, amy, opened the door.

"hello vance. what are you doing at my house," amy frowned. "where's bruce?" vance blurted out.

"damn. he just left," amy shrugged. "did he say where he was going?" vance asked impatiently. "nah, he was on the phone with robin," amy informed him.

"what were they talking about?" vance asked, throwing his arms in the air. "i don't know he told me to leave, but i didn't actually. i listened to his conversation. man oh man bruce is going crazy," amy nodded along to what she said.

"will you just hurry up and tell me what they were talking about!" vance complained. amy took a moment to think before responding with, "no can do pal. that's an invasion of privacy." amy crossed her arms.

"you invaded his privacy by listening in the first place. so you won't be invading it anymore than you already did. now tell," vance threatened.

"jesus, touched a nerve there. he was saying that like someone kissed him. damn! was it you? you really aren't slacking here, getting all to it and everything. oh hey, he does like you by the way. he told me at the pumpkin patch when you left. technically he didn't tell me because i figured it out-" amy rambled on.

"alright, oh my god i get it," vance groaned, turning around and leaving. he got his answer. bruce likes him. or at least he did. that was nearly two weeks ago. his feelings could've changed. vance quickly turned around again and pounded on the door.

"back so soon?" amy remarked when she opened the door. "does he-"

"yeah he still likes you i heard him telling robin, you're all good. now go get your man!" amy said, pushing him away and slamming the door shut.

vance stumbled down the steps and began mindlessly wandering the streets. where could he be?

vance was never one to run, but now he was darting along the streets. he needed to see bruce. he knew it now, the two liked each other. vance needed to find bruce and he needed to tell him everything. if bruce was looking for him, he'd probably be at the grab n go. so that's where vance headed off to first.

however, vance slowed down his run when a black van pulled up next to him. the window rolled down, revealing a man.

did i maybe... lie that the grabber doesn't come to this story?!?!? 😰😰

(873 words.)