.;22;.

vance awoke that next morning, feeling a weight on top of him. he looked down, seeing bruce fast asleep. vance blushed as he recalled the event from the other night.

bruce's eyes began to flutter open, so vance quickly shut his, pretending to be asleep. bruce gasped as he quickly sat up. vance pretended that he just woke up.

"oh, hello," vance said. "hi," bruce mumbled. "oh my god my head hurts so bad," bruce groaned, resting his head on his hands. "you were wasted last night," vance chuckled.

"i barely even remember anything. why exactly are you in my house? and.. in my bed?" bruce asked, turning his head to look at him. "good question. you told me to stay and just pulled me in here," vance informed him.

"fuck, i'm so sorry vance, whatever i said to you last night, it was just because i was drunk," bruce quickly told him. he wasn't sure what he said to vance, but he didn't want him mentioning it and having things being awkward between the two.

"you didn't say anything," vance lied. just because he was drunk? so bruce didn't mean it at all when he said he thought vance was pretty. "alright, cool. what even happened last night?" bruce looked up at him.

"you went to a party, got drunk, then got- uh. more drunk. and i just took you home," vance told the main events of the night. he wasn't with bruce at all, so he didn't know anything else that happened. vance didn't want to tell bruce about him bring drugged.

"obviously i know that. but- nevermind," bruce shook his head. "i wasn't with you much, so i don't really know what happened, you'd have to ask your friends."

bruce nodded slowly. "i should probably go now, parents are probably worried or something," vance said. vance doubted his parents were worried, but he could tell it was starting to become awkward, and that was a good excuse to leave.

"oh, alright. bye, vance," bruce said, hoping his disappointment wasn't noticeable. he walked vance downstairs and out the door. he waved one last time before heading to his kitchen for medicine.

"bruce, how are you? you seemed pretty rough last night. sorry for what that girl did to you," erik mentioned as she walked into the kitchen too.

"what girl?" bruce asked slowly. "oh.. did vance not tell you?" erik asked. "tell me what? what happened?" bruce questioned.

"never mind, i have to get to work," erik told him before she rushed out the front door. bruce watched as she slammed the front door behind her. bruce furrowed his brows. a girl did something to him?

bruce tried to remember anything that happened, but after his third drink, everything started to become blurry. did she do something bad?

bruce swallowed the pill and headed upstairs to change before he hurriedly left his house. he began to walk to the place he knew he would find vance.

bruce pushed open the doors to the grab n go, seeing he was correct. vance was standing in front of the pinball machine, tapping away at the buttons.

"vance! i have to ask you something," bruce said, approaching him. "what," vance replied, not moving hid gaze away from the tiny ball bouncing around the machine.

"i'll just.. wait until you're done," bruce wanted vance to be focused on him when he was asking what the girl had done. vance didn't reply to him, he just kept playing until he lost the ball.

"shit!" vance yelled, kicking the machine. "okay, what did you want to ask?" vance asked, turning towards him.

"my mom said some girl did something to me at the party? what exactly happened?" bruce questioned. vance stared blankly at him, not replying.

"i have a right to know. it happened to me. i should know this," bruce exclaimed. "yeah, alright. she basically er- drugged you," vance told him, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

this time, bruce didn't respond for a few seconds. "then?" he asked. "nothing, i stopped her before she took you anywhere," vance said.

"thanks for telling me, you can keep playing your game," bruce told him. "is that all you came here to say?" vance wondered aloud, inserting another coin in the machine. "pretty much," bruce sighed. he started walking out the door. bruce turned to look at vance who hadn't even realized he left.

vance did realize, but he was already close to loosing the ball, and had to quickly regain control. after another ten minutes of playing, the pinball machine got pushed by a pair of hands, and the ball went tumbling down, causing him to loose.

"woah, what the fuck?!" vance yelled, looking over. "can we talk outside?" it was robin who had messed up his game. "sure," vance scoffed, following him outside.

"i know you did something to bruce. what did you do?" robin interrogated him. "brought him home," vance said truthfully. "then?" robin sounded persistent. "he slept, and i went home. i didn't do anything," vance exclaimed.

"how do i know you're not lying?" robin questioned. "because i would never do anything to bruce," vance said defensively. "but you-" robin started.

"shut the fuck up! i already said i didn't do shit," vance yelled, expressing his anger. "that's why i can't trust you! you get angry and you just act out without even thinking," robin threw his arms up in the air.

"i know how to control myself," vance lowered his voice. "so if i hit you right now, you wouldn't hit me back?" he asked.

"i probably would because i don't really care about you," vance shrugged. "but bruce does," robin pointed out blankly.

"what?" vance raised a brow. "he cares about me. how would he react if you-" robin was cut off. vance had enough with robin thinking he was a bad person, and would do something to bruce. so he punched him right in the face. he probably wasn't doing a good job showing he was a good person by punching him.

so sorry this took so long 😟

also.. i was number 1 in #vancehopper and i was gonna say smth at the end of here but i no longer am cuz this took me so mf long to write. anywho heres your awful update, next one wil be better i promise.. haha..

(1068 words.)