OVA 3

~The Melancholy Of The Hikigaya Family~

(Hikigaya Komachi)

There is a stranger living at our house, and that stranger is my onii-san...

It happened all too suddenly...

One late April morning onii-chan was his usual gomi-niichan self, and then came back home like— No, he came back home as a completely different person!

Something horrible must have happened to onii-chan at school...

That Person pretty much said as much as well. He said that he would tell me everything that happened whenever I wanted... But even now I still can't ask him about it...

About how onii-chan...

O-onii-chan...

...

So, as if by some unspoken agreement, that onii-san and I became distant.

We were strangers after all and we both knew it.

I think oka-san knows this as well because of how much she's been (silently) watching him lately.

As for oto-san...

Well, to-san is to-san...

On the surface, onii-san is a cold and aloof person. And like oka-san, he mostly lacks expression.

But that's just the surface.

Sometimes if you look closely, he has this little grin as if he's finding something amusing. O-onii-san that's kind of creepy...

His eyes, though they were bad before, have truly become empty. What's worse is in the mornings, especially when he wakes up cursing. There's a cold, hard, edge to his eyes that makes them scary.

There's definitely something he's hiding from me..., but how can you screw up black coffee onii-san?!

W-why were you talking to the cat? Are you okay? Do you want to go to therapy onii-san?

Rack the what? What are you even talking about?

Ack! That joke was so lame onii-san!

As awkward and on edge as my cold and aloof onii-san is, I can tell that he really is a good person.

To tell the truth, he's super annoying sometimes!

Like he really doesn't have to watch Pretty Cure and snark half-heartedly at characters y'know. I think he does that just to keep me company, but it's still kinda gross.

Well, I know that he's trying..., and he'll always help me with my studies even if I don't ask him to, especially with math and English.

Though I'm worried that onii-san may fail at science...

The last time onii-san 'helped' me with science, my teacher yell at me...

He said that if I mixed those chemicals together like that, it would cause an explosion! That it was super dangerous! He even burned my assignment in front of me because that information may have been illegal!

Sometimes onii-san can be very problematic...

There are times that he'll go for 'walks' while wearing a suit in the late evenings. It's no secret as to what he's doing. In fact, I think onii-san may be under a lot of stress and I'm a little worried about it, to be honest.