Waking Up

"Victor? Honey, it's time to wake up." A familiar voice said sweetly.

Victor Frankenstein groaned, clearly wanting to sleep some more. He turned over on his side, his hand hanging over the side of the bed. His eyes begrudgingly opened when he felt that same hand being licked. He knew that tongue all too well.

"Victor, wake up. Sparky's been waiting for you all morning." Susan Frankenstein told her son.

Victor groaned again and stretched out his back, annoyed at his disturbed sleep. He opened his eyes and saw his mom standing over him with a smile on her face. Victor's loyal dog, Sparky, barked and hopped onto the bed right beside his best friend. Victor smiled and patted the terrier's head affectionately.

"Morning, boy. Morning, mom." He said.

"It's almost eleven, dear. I don't think I could let you sleep longer." Susan said.

"Eleven? Really?" Victor asked before looking over at the clock above his dresser.

He squinted at the numbers then looked back at him mom and uttered, "Oh... What day is it again?"

"Saturday. If you get up now, I'll make you a late breakfast." Susan kissed her son's forehead and got up off her son's bed. "What'll it be? French toast or waffles today?"

"Waffles, please."

"Coming right up. You should get dressed while waiting."

When Susan exited the room to make her son breakfast, Victor sat up slowly stretching his back and arms and curling his toes, giving one final yawn. Sparky sat up eagerly, barking at Victor as he jumped around on the bed.