Pregnant Part 3 (The Arrival)

As the ninth and final month rolled around, Elsa was bigger than ever, but she insisted on staying active. It was the Winter Solstice and she and Victor had just finished their walk through the neighborhood that very morning. They stood at the door as they were just about to take off their winter coats.

"Do my ankles look fat to you?" Elsa asked.

"No way." Victor replied, shaking his head.

She gave him a look that screamed, 'Tell me the truth.'

"What? I am." He admitted. "You wanted me to tell you the truth."

"Hey, I'm only kidding." She giggled. "I was just—"

Suddenly, Elsa felt a sharp pain in her stomach. She let out a cry and clutched her stomach with both hands. Victor put a hand on her shoulder and looked at her with a concerned look.

"Honey, what is it? What's wrong?" He worriedly asked.

"It... it's the baby. I think it's coming!" Elsa wheezed.

"The baby?! Right NOW?! It's a little early, isn't it?" Victor cried.

"Tell that to the baby, why don't you?" Elsa retorted, before leaning against the wall in pain. "Aagh!"

"Okay, okay, don't panic!" He said, panicked. "We've got this. We know what to do, right?"

"Right." Elsa replied as she picked up the phone to call her parents.

After the call was made, Victor carefully took Elsa to the car, started it, and took off in the direction of the hospital. When they got there, they barreled through the doors and to the front desk.

"Get Dr. Rodney, now!" Victor yelled. "My wife is about to have our baby!"

"I'll let her know right away." The elderly nurse nodded, before dashing off down the corridor.

Victor eased Elsa onto a chair.

"Easy, now." He rubbed her shoulder. "Everything's gonna be fine."

"Don't patronize me." Elsa said through gritted teeth; her breathing staggered. "I know perfectly well what may or may not happen, so don't think a half-hearted reassurance is gonna help."

Victor gulped and said nothing.

Before long, Dr. Rodney, followed by the same nurse with a wheelchair, arrived.

"This way, please." She noted.

Victor helped his wife into the chair, and they took her to the birthing room. As Elsa lay on the bed, in total agony, Victor held her hand.

"It hurts..." Elsa cringed. "It hurts... so much..."

"Easy, now." Victor said. "Just remember your breathing."

"Right." She whispered, looking at her husband worriedly. At the same time, she held onto his hand. "Victor, I'm so scared. I'm not sure I could—"

"Don't worry." He stroked her hair. "You'll get through this. I know it."

"Okay, Mrs. Frankenstein." Dr. Rodney interjected. "Just relax and everything will be alright."

After an hour or so of intense agony, Elsa's pain finally ceased, as the cries of a newborn baby filled the room.

"Congratulations." Dr. Rodney smiled. "It's a boy."

Victor and Elsa sighed in relief. The baby was wrapped in a swaddling pale blue cloth and placed in Elsa's arms. He looked like a perfect mix of both of his parents; black hair, fair skin, and big dark eyes.

"He's so beautiful." Elsa sighed.

"He sure is." Victor smiled. "Way to go, Els. You did great."

The baby boy shifted slightly in his mother's arms and cooed softly. Not long after, Edward, Susan, Jonathon, Lydia, and even Mayor Bergermeister came in.

"Congratulations, you two." Susan smiled.

"What a strapping little fellow." The Mayor commented.

"Wow, he looks just like his father." Edward beamed.

"He is so cute!" Lydia squealed. "I could just eat him up!"

"Great job, Elsa." Jonathon grinned. "You too, Victor."

"Thanks, dad." Elsa chuckled.

"So, what are you going to call him?" Edward asked.

"We've talked about it for a while now." Victor admitted. "Threw a few names out... but there's one name we both agreed on giving our baby if it was a boy."

"And what is it?" Lydia asked.

"Peter." Elsa smiled at the boy. "Peter Timothy Frankenstein."

"The perfect name." Mr. Bergermeister nodded. "Welcome to New Holland, Peter Frankenstein."