The Wedding

Victor and Elsa's engagement lasted well over four months and during that time, they planned the wedding themselves... with a little help from their families, of course. Mayor Bergermeister persisted on taking on the project himself, but Lydia and Jonathon politely told him to back off and leave the wedding planning to the bride and groom themselves.

The four months passed; it was the night before the wedding and Elsa, Lydia, and Susan were gathered together in Elsa's house for a small little gathering in celebration.

"Here's to you, dear." Susan raised a glass of cider. "Congratulations."

"Oh, my little girl's getting married!" Lydia sobbed. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Mom!" Elsa smiled in embarrassment.

"How are you feeling, Elsa?" Susan asked.

"A little nervous." The young bride-to-be replied. "But REALLY excited."

"This is all so wonderful, sweetheart." Lydia beamed. "You know, this is almost exactly like the bachelorette party my friends threw for me before I married your father."

"I remember my bachelorette party, too." Susan chimed in. "Thought it wasn't anything big or flashy; just me, my mother, my grandmother, Edward's mother, and my closest friends. Nonetheless, I couldn't be any happier for you, Elsa. My son is very lucky to have someone like you."

"Thanks, Mrs. Frankenstein."

"Please, you don't have to be so formal. I'll be your mother-in-law soon, just call me Susan."

"Sure, Susan." Elsa giggled.

"So, dear, do you have any last-minute requests before tomorrow?" Lydia asked.

Elsa thought for a moment or two before she answered, "No, I don't think so. I think you and dad already have everything covered."

"If you say so."

Lydia wrapped her arm around her daughter's shoulder in a hug; the three women laughed.

At the Frankenstein house, Victor was holding a similar celebration with Edward, Jonathon, and even Mayor Bergermeister.

"I've got to give you credit, Victor." The Mayor admitted. "When I first heard about you and my niece, I didn't think it would last the week. And yet, here you are, about to marry her."

"Yes, you've been together since your freshman year of high school. What a way to commit." Edward said, putting a hand on his son's shoulder.

"Thanks, dad." Victor smiled at his father.

Bergermeister's eyes narrowed at the groom-to-be grimaced. "Don't push it."

"Sorry." Victor said as he grinned nervously.

"Oh lighten up, Bob!" Jonathon admonished him. "I, for one, am overjoyed about you joining our family, son."

"So am I, sir." Victor sighed. "Elsa is, well... she's the one for me. I can't imagine being with anybody else."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that. My daughter is very, VERY lucky to have someone like you in her life. Hey, I think we'd better call it a night, fellows." Jonathon suggested. "We want to get up bright and early for tomorrow."

"You said it, dad-in-law." Victor nodded. "Goodnight, guys."

"Night." The others chorused, filing out of the house.

Victor cleared up everything, then got ready for bed. As per tradition, he wasn't permitted to see his bride until the wedding, lest the union be cursed with bad luck. It was nothing but a superstition, but he preferred not to risk it. He climbed into bed, visions of his love on his mind until he drifted off to sleep, and even after.