At the Hospital

"Victor? Victor, are you okay?"

Victor slowly opened his eyes and saw his parents and Elsa standing over him with concerned looks on their faces. He realized that he was in the local hospital.

"Honey, are you alright?" Susan asked worriedly.

"M-Mom? Dad? What happened? Where am I—Agh!"

Victor tried to sit up, but a sharp pain near his left eye stopped him and he laid back down; he looked at his arm and saw it in a cast. He reached up to touch his head, only to feel a bandage wrapped around it.

"You broke your arm and hit your head pretty hard on the baseball field." Edward replied.

"I get the broken arm, but how did I hurt my head?" Victor asked before a man in a white coat entered the room.

"When you slid, you struck the base itself and you received a concussion; almost broke the orbital bone around your eye." The man replied.

"Is he going to be okay, Dr. Flint?" Elsa asked.

"He's going to be fine, dear." The Doctor replied. "Luckily, Victor has a friend like you who got him over here in a jiffy."

Victor's eyes widened in surprise before he asked, "Elsa? You brought me here?"

She nodded and said, "With a little help from your mom."

Victor then heard two barks; he looked and saw Sparky and Persephone trotting into the room. Sparky hopped up onto the bed and licked his owner's face affectionately. Victor scratched the bull terrier's ears and smiled.

"Hey, boy." He said. "Don't worry, I'm gonna be fine. Right, Doctor?"

"That's right." Dr. Flint answered, nodding his head. "You're going to have a black eye for a while and you'll need to keep that cast on your arm for the next three to six months, but after that you'll be good as new."

"Thank you so much, doctor." Edward said as he shook his hand.

"Of course. Now if you don't mind, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you all to leave. Victor needs his rest." The doctor said before leading Susan, Edward, Elsa, and the two dogs towards the door.

"Wait! Can Elsa stay, just for a little bit?" Victor asked.

"Well... alright. But just for a few minutes." The doctor said as he, Edward, and Susan exited the room with Sparky and Persephone following suit.

"Something wrong, Victor?" Elsa asked as she sat on the edge of the hospital bed.

"No, nothing's wrong. I just wanted to say... thank you." Victor replied.

"For what?"

"For... getting me over here and for looking after Sparky."

"Oh, that. It was nothing. You helped me at Dutch Day, so I just felt I should help you in return."

"So... I guess this makes us even, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess it does."

The two tweens smiled at each other and laughed before they felt their hands touch. They pulled away and blushed in embarrassment.

"Hey, Victor!"

Both Victor and Elsa jumped at the voice. They looked at the door and saw Edgar, Bob, Toshiaki, and Nassor standing in the doorway; Nassor and Toshiaki didn't look very happy, not one bit.

"Are you okay?" Bob asked as he and Edgar approached the bed.

"What are you guys doing here?" Victor asked.

"We were there when your accident happened." Toshiaki replied.

"Now because of your new injuries, you can't be on the team anymore. At least not until your arm fully heals." Nassor added.

"You mean... I'm suspended from the baseball team?" Victor asked, sounding slightly hopeful.

"For the time being... yes." Toshiaki and Nassor answered.

'No more baseball for six months. That's probably the best news I've heard all day!' Victor thought, smiling to himself.