Rumors

Victor went to school on Monday, only to see everyone giving him very weird looks and giggling at him and he had no idea what was going on. When he met up with Elsa in class, he asked her,

"Elsa, do you know what's going on with everyone today?"

"No clue." She answered, shrugging her shoulders.

It was then that Edgar, Mindy, Toshiaki, and Nassor all came into the classroom; they saw Victor and Elsa sitting together and they approached them.

"Hey, guys." Edgar said slyly.

"Hi, Edgar. What are you guys doing here?" Victor asked.

"We're here for class. What else?" Nassor replied; Mindy and Edgar giggled.

"But is something going on?" Elsa asked.

"You tell us." Toshiaki answered. "...How was your kiss?"

Victor and Elsa froze as they looked at each other wide eyes; they looked back at their friends.

"W-w-w-what are you talking about?" Victor nervously stammered, trying to sound innocent.

"You must be going crazy, Toshiaki." Elsa quickly added, rubbing her hands nervously.

"Don't be like that." Nassor said. "We know all about what happened after the Halloween Dance."

"Like how you went out for ice cream afterwards... and how you kissed on Elsa's doorstep." Mindy commented with a sly smile.

"How do you know about that?" Victor asked.

"We saw the whole thing on our way home from the dance." Edgar said. "We saw you two talking and laughing about something and then... you KISSED."

"...So you told the whole school?!" Elsa snapped.

"They told us first." Nassor commented.

"But they had a right to know." Mindy said, shrugging her shoulders and smiling.

"You guys just violated our privacy! Are you CRAZY?!" Victor yelled.

"But you like each other, do you not?" Nassor questioned.

Victor was about to speak when he paused and looked back at Elsa who was blushing at him; he said nothing as a blush formed on his cheeks as well.

"Just as I thought." Nassor said smugly; Toshiaki smiled and nodded.

"So when are you guys gonna start dating?" Edgar asked enthusiastically.

"Shut it, Edgar!" Elsa cried out.

"But as of now, the entire school thinks you two are perfect for one another." Toshiaki pointed out.

"What makes you say that?" Victor asked, folding his arms.

"Okay, kids. Quiet down. It's time for class." The teacher said as he entered; the group went back to their seats.

Instead of paying attention to the lesson, Victor thought long and hard about what his friends had said. Were he and Elsa really meant for each other? Well he did confess his feelings to her on the night of the Halloween Dance and he did kiss her. Maybe it could work out. But then he thought about the Mayor and Elsa's parents... and his own parents. What would they think? The Mayor would probably kick him out of town, or WORSE... her father could very well kill him if he really wanted to.

The bell rang. At lunch, Victor and Elsa sat together as usual.

"Elsa, can I talk to you about something?" He asked.