(Protective!)ZenitsuXReader (Requested❤️)

"This is where we were supposed to go, right?" You asked, looking around.

Zenitsu nodded. "Yeah."

Inosuke looked at the sky. "It's still daytime. No demon's gonna be out."

Tanjiro smiled. "The sun'll go down soon. There will be. For now, why don't we rest for a minute?"

Everyone agreed and sat down, taking food out and munching on it a bit. You all ended up falling asleep, the sun later beginning to disappear.

(Timeskip)

Tanjiro opened his eyes a bit, picking up a scent of a demon. He sat up and looked around, Nezuko already having come out of her box and watching the area. He shook Inosuke and Zenitsu, getting them up.

"Demon?" Inosuke asked, grabbing his swords.

Tanjiro nodded.

Zenitsu listened around a bit, nodding. "I can't pinpoint it but it's around."

Tanjiro nodded and got his sword out, looking around.

Zenitsu turned to wake you up when a demon jumped in the way and picked you up. It jumped back from Zenitsu and smiled. "A full meal!"

You woke up and stared at the demon for a moment before beginning to squirm around. You kicked it, effectively making it drop you. You ran to grab your sword, only to be lifted up by the leg. You held your skirt, glaring. "You're so rude!"

Zenitsu was suddenly there, slashing at the demon. The demon stepped back, the sword barely catching its neck.

Tanjiro and Inosuke were waiting behind it and slashed its head off, making the demon stumble and drop you. Zenitsu caught you, concerned. "Are you alright?"

You nodded a bit, a little shocked. You looked over to Nezuko, who had brought your sword and sheath over. You smiled and took it. "Thanks Nezuko."

She smiled as you patted her head.

You looked at Zenitsu and smiled, blushing softly. "You can put me down now...."

He realized he was still holding you and blushed, setting you down and rubbing the back of his neck a bit. "Sorry."

You smiled and got up, patting his head. "It's okay."

He smiled a bit and got up.

You all continued the night until morning came. You all, except for Nezuko, had at least a few scratches.

You sighed and sat down at the bank of a river, watching the water flow calmly. "What a night...."

Tanjiro smiled and splashed some water at you. "No broken bones though." He smiled.

You smiled back as Zenitsu splashed water into Tanjiro's face. "Let's all just relax for a bit."

Tanjiro laughed and nodded, splashing water back at Zenitsu.

"Are we fighting?" Inosuke asked, splashing a lot of water at the two boys.

"Just playing around!" Zenitsu laughed.

You smiled and laid down, watching the sky. You were exhausted and ended up falling asleep.

Zenitsu smiled and took his haori off, laying it over you.

"You like Yn don't you?" Tanjiro smiled.

"Yeah." He nodded. "How'd ya know?"

Tanjiro smiled and pointed at his nose. "Your scent. You also seemed fixated on protecting her."

Zenitsu nodded and sat next to you. "I want her to be able to live." He said, kissing your forehead.

Tanjiro smiled. "I'm sure she'll be great with you around."

An; I didn't know what level of protective so I figured this was the right amount.

*whispers* And don't worry, you love Zenitsu too so you'll definitely end up together.