chap 37

Y A W A R •

I exited the hall, the slides on the white sheet still representing the details of the project.

It was a blueprint and just a rough sketch to what we will be opting for in the coming weeks or probably months. Who knows?

I still felt gratitude fill in my heart for the man who trusted me enough and invested into the little business I was opening here.

Uncle Yahya was surely a blessing.

"Which way is Sir Yahya's office?" I asked one of the employees that was rushing with a pile of files in her hands, her heels clicking againt the sleek flour vigorously.

She showed me the way and I thanked her.

As I headed towards the destination, my mind noted all the details my eyes could feed it. The intricate design on the walls, various cabins, the glassy work that didn't show too much but couldn't hide any less that went on in the cabins of the employees.

I wanted to ask if the design here was also the ides of Aunty Zeenat?

I knocked on the thick glass, the same one he had used for the front door of his house; through which you can't actually see.

"Come in." I heard Uncle Yahya's speak in a serious tone to someone before he gave me permission to walk in.

He dismissed whoever he was talking to and turned his attention to me. "Yawar, take your seat."

"Thank you."

"So what do you think?" Uncle Yahya interwined his fingers and leaned onto the table, his elbows resting on the surface. If I were a novella, I surely would have been intimidated by his unremarkably serious, professional self at work.

"To be honest, I am surprised." It truly was irking me how Uncle invested into my anew starting project that too in a foreign land, however I knew I was a hardwoker. I'd bend hell to assure him that the money he invested didn't drown, in fact it doubled.

"Surprised by exactly what?"

Wo-ah! Why was Uncle who hosted me four weeks ago all acting so strange and professional. It didn't feel like he was treating me like his son a month back. Well it was good that he was keeping a fine balance between his personal and professional life. "Because I never thought that one of the finest businessmen would invest in my non-existenet project."

This brought a smile on Uncle Yahya's face.

"Yawar bin Mustafa, I can recognise a person who has potential to outshine the world from afar. I know it'd be worth it in the end."

"You don't have to be so sure, Uncle." I sighed, letting go of my professional attitude.

"I have experience. Besides you will have to work hard, kiddo."

"That I will, In Sha Allah."

"Good."

Even when uncle was investing into my yet to establish business, I could see that most of his employees were unhappy during the meeting. Most of their questions that were indirectly directed to me, were pointy and curt. However the answers they gave to the arising questions in the room were laconic, and this whole attitude showed how much uninterested they were.