Chap 13

•YAWAR•

Currently i had to come to Islamabad just to take a break. I will go back in the evening. It was only one and a half hour ride. So i pulled off at a hilltop and sat down, cross legged againt my car on grass. Since i have read her messages i have been trying to call her but her phone was powered off. I tried to locate her through the number but it showed she was in her apartment. She purposely had left it there so i don't track her.

My heart sank one more time thinking what if I am never able to find her. I shrugged the thought away. She knows how much i am accustomed to her. She would come back.

I watched the branches shiver as the wind trespass them. My mind was much in a haze to notice that it had dropped several degrees and I was too preoccupied by everything that I even didn't feel the nib in the air. I felt a tap on my forehead and looked up squintily as slowly raindrops made their way down.

I stood up and dusted my pants. I sat down in the car and waited for the rain to wash away all the dirt, all the pain of yesterday. Through the mirror of my car, I saw sky lighten beyond the ray of Murree green mountains.

I felt my jaw damp, running my hand over my face I wiped my tears and emotions away. Bringing the engine to life, I headed towards the destination. After a heavy rain and two hours of travel I was home where I just hit the bed the moment I reached.

My eyes flickered open to the light being casted directly on my eyes. I breathed in a deep breath and pushed the duvet. My office coat was clogging my throat. If it wasn't for my headache I would have ripped these clothes away.

My room door opened and my grandmother came in. "I wasn't expecting you here and pull the curtains." I mumbled.

"You weren't picking up the phone." She ushered Umaima in who had a tray that she laid down beside me on bed and left. "Besides other maids told me you have been sleeping since the time you came back."

"I wasn't feeling good."

She nodded. "I asked Umaima to make you anything that you like. She made you this drink. She said you like to take it when you are tired."

"It's pina colada."

"I wanted to see how you were doing?"

"Doing good." I sat up and took off my coat and tie.

"Have you decided anything?"

I stopped for a momenta and then shook my head.  "Look grandmother. I love you and respect what you decide for me. But I can't do this."

"Don't make a decision that will make you regret later."

"Right now i have to find a friend. He needs me and I neet to get there, to him as soon as I can."

"Who is that friend? Is he more important than family."

I nodded.

"Ok I must leave now." She stood up, "i have to get back before it gets too dark. I will wait for your answer and finish this drink." She wiped away some locks from my forehand and caressed my face. "I don't like to see you alone like that. Don't you see you need a companion. Get married so I leave this world peacefully."

"Getting me married to a baby was never an option."

"Riya is not a baby. She is a grown up."

"Then get her married to someone else. Why me?"