Chap 12

Yawar●

After eating the cake made by my cousins, i wended towards Grandmother's room and found Chachu reading a newspaper there. She, herself, was offering her prayer. I sat on the sofa nearby the Prayer Mat of my grandma. As she finished her prayer i lifted my eyebrows at her, gesturing on what it is. She just smiled at me making me sigh in frustration.

"Whats so important Dadi Ami? I have to go back!" I slowly whispered so my uncle won't listen.

"On Dinner beta." she answered.

"Dinner? Is your chef absent and do you want me to cook that for you huh?" I laughed, she shook her head giving me a mini slap as i was leaning down the sofa, making me roll my eyes.

"Now that's irritating." i whispered to her but she didn't reply.

I Sighed again.

She got up from prayer mat and placed it on the table next to me. She kissed my forehead before leaving me with so many questions popping in my head.

Why was she just smiling to herself?
I told Haroon that i will be there in an hour and here Dinner is in two hours! Just wow!

" i should do my work." i said underneath my breath. After bringing out my mac from my car i was coming back to Grandma's room when someone grabbed me from my arm and dragged me in to the kitchen.

"Where have you been the past weeks." Kanwal asked.

"What a question to ask!" I clapped in the air slowly. "Are you dumb or what?"

"What do you mean donkey?"

"For God Sake! I am three and a half years older than you."

"Yah sorry." She cleared her throat. "Now tell me. Why are you so quiet and not being you? Why have you become so reserved?"

"I am not. Who said that? And didn't we just eat the cake together."

"I am saying that. Now answer!"

"I have been busy with work and family business."

She murmured an okay.

"Now may i leave?"

She waved her hand in the air and walked out of the kitchen. I amusingly watched her.

***

We were sitting on the dining table having our dinner peacefully. We all were eating in silence. Family gathering feels so great but only if there is some chitchat in it too. Here silence doesn't fit.

I felt something on my feet and suddenly it hit me. I looked at Knawal sitting across the table, opposite to me. She was hell supressing her chuckle. And after a while i got terribly kicked by her on my feet. In return i coughed, changing my position in the chair. I glared her but she had started eating her Biryani delighfully.

"Seems you need water." She smirked and handed me the glass of water. "Thank you!" I retorted as i slightly buried my fingers into hers. She pouted and i let go.

Soon my wish of little chitchat came true and Grandma started speaking "As we all are here, our whole family. I would like to tell you all something i feel." Our gaze shifted to her "As we know Life is unpredictable and unreliable. When i had a heart attack I thought i would never be able to see you again, my children again." Her voice going weak.