chap 39

● Y A W A R ●

Ontario, Canada

I stood at the entrance, looking proudly at the masterpiece that had come into being after so much hardwork.

I loved how we had painted the cafe ever so beautifully.

Beige coloured walls and maroon coloured windows.

This cafe looked my comfort place and it occurred to me that I might be the most frequent visitor at my own cafe.

Now the only task left was to hire chefs, bakers, janitors and what not.

So basically half of the deal wasn't done yet.

***

I rummaged through my cupboards but there was so sign of any painkillers.

After a tiring day, I had returned home and without having dinner I had gone straight to work and read all the descriptions Haroon had sent me, I made a rough statistics of how much i had earned from my properties back in Pakistan.

The rough estimation of how much profit I will make by the end of this month so it could be invested here in my cafe, and how I will apply certain rules and regulations, had tired me.

My head started to throb and also my appetite had grown enough to make my stomach ache. Not to mention, I didn't have any energy within me left to make myself something.

I was out of any other sorts of snacks as well.

There was no milk in the fridge and I was deprived of my night tea as well.

I closed the cupboards and sat down on one the stools in my kitchen.

This wasn't the first time I was feeling the absence of a particular someone in my life. I have felt that many, many times before when I couldn't sleep at nights or when I had no-one to share the news of finally owning my dream cafe.

But this time, right now, it was hitting hard. I may have never really spoken out loud about it but i, sometimes too, needed someone in my life. Someone who would make me delicious meals, select whether I should wear a blue tie or a white one, who would be there for me, and most important who I'd love.

I needed someone.

***

"Allah, I have done so many things wrong in life. But ALLAH you are Ghafoor-o-Raheem. Have mercy on me. Forgive me."

ALLAH is Ghafoor-o-Raheem.

That's was what Imam Sahib had told me. He said, even if my sins were matching the level of an ocean, my one sincere prayer for forgiveness would be enough for Him to Forgive me.

***

الخبيثات للخبيثين والخبيثون للخبيثات والطيبات للطيبين والطيبون للطيبات

“Vile women are for vile men, and vile men are for vile women; and good women are for good men, and good men are for good women” (24:26)