Chapter 1

Seb's pov

"He must be somewhere within the pack lands,I already alerted the northern side." Glen, our beta said into the call, I halted in my steps trying to refocus my senses, giving my sore feet a break from almost walking for an hour.

I looked around in every possible direction in hopes of sight of him which resulted in nothing like all the previous attempts, the thing making the whole situation more alarming is I can't sense him at all, no matter how hard i tried and concentrate on only him, he wasn't there.

"Luna ?" Glen calls me, the title still throwing me off, his voice worried due to my lack of response.

"Did the pack warriors say something about seeing him, where did they see him for the last time?"

"He went to the meeting this morning and texted saying he returned back,but he isn't in the office when I got there, no one from there actually saw him leaving the premises which is quite unusual and he haven't informed anyone about going somewhere. "

"And he left his phone in the office!" I let out a sigh in despair. One thing about him is , he never leaves his phone behind, never ever, he always takes that damn device with him no matter where he goes.

And to make everything thing worse , i can't feel him at all, atleast not the way i would, there's no scent of him even when I'm halfway into the forest where scents are actually the strongest, meaning he must have masked it. My mind can't come up with one coherent thought as to why he would do that.

Unless he doesn't want anyone to find out where he went  - Venus, my wolf adds, speaking for the first time after i started searching. I can feel his patience fading and heart picking up pace by every passing moment, honestly , I know it is the actual truth.

"And why in the world would he want that " I take another deep sigh in frustration. My mate has never been the one for wild things and recklessness, he always have been cautious especially with being surrounded by rival neighbouring packs. He left for a meeting this early morning and should be back by the noon basing on what Glen told me, so he's supposed to be in his office, since he texted Glen saying he's back, but he's nowhere to be found in the office when he got there and in the premises, nowhere in the pack lands.

I looked up at the sky , it is already getting dark. "Ugh" I took few more breaths trying to not let my anxious thoughts get the best of me. This is not the time to let your overthinking take over, you can postpone it to tomorrow's lunch break, now get your shit together and go get our mate - Venus tries to cheer me up, he honestly knows how to handle me in any situation.

I breathe in and breathe out to let my body and brain calm down. My heart almost stops with what I sense with the breathe i took in last.

HIS SCENT

HIS SCENT - Venus also relieves in Joy. Even though he acted all brave to not let me panic, I know how scared, terrified he was deep down at the thought of our mate in danger.

I can smell him, it is very faint but i can still smell him,the earthy scent mixed with a unique minty aroma that only belonged to my mate fills my nerves.

I can sense his smell - i shout into the call not even caring if Glen is still there on the other end. I follow the scent in the direction it leads me, it takes me further into the forest , the scent getting stronger with every step I take, I kept running in that direction with a smile plastered on my face finally relishing in the scent of my mate after many hours. I kept running until I'm almost at the border of pack lands.

I stop in my tracks, my body almost crashing into a tree nearby, looking around, it is almost the end of our territory, I can see the neighbouring pack lands , their buildings and some members making me realise how close I am to it and the dangers of almost entering our enemy's land.
I can't see much as it's really dark in here making me panic more.