Chapter 7

Seb's pov

I felt warm fingers on my cheek, even in my deep slumber I couldn't help but shiver to the sparks his touch brought and settle into the warmth until he withdraws them and gets up from the bed.

He have stayed on his side as promised not moving an inch from the position he slept in, throughout the night. It hurt to have him close yet not touch him but it might be better to get used to it.

I track his silhouette with my eyes half closed and watch him open the door and exit the room. I close my eyes and open them again to accommodate them to the light. I finally manage to get myself out of the bed after tossing and turning around for an hour. Freshening up before heading downstairs.

Leo is nowhere to be found in the living room or peripheral rooms where he would be visible. The doubt that he might have left immediately dissipates by the series of noises made by utensils in the kitchen.

Upon entering the kitchen, I find Leo looking at the vessels on the floor in horror and rushing to pick them up. I walk up to the mess and bend down to pick one up which makes him look up at me. The sheer panic on his face is evident when he finds me there.

He picks them up all at once before I can even manage to get hold of one.
" I wanted to make you breakfast." He says once everything is settled. "You're okay with pancakes,right? " He asks me, stirring the batter.

" You can cook? " I ask in return.

He just smiles and leans towards me taking me by surprise and he keeps moving closer until his breathe is brushing my neck, my eyes close involuntarily. Only for him to move back picking up something from the shelf behind.

Calm down Seb

" You didn't answer. " He says reminding me of his question while I try to stable my heart rate.

"Yeah. " I answer. But I didn't forget that he haven't answered my question either. I never knew he can cook, he never did when we're in our home but again I never even bothered to ask him about it and just decided he can't. So what's the point of asking about it now anyway.

" You should go and sit at the table, I'll bring these. " He says turning off the flame and I do as I am asked to. Certainly still in the shock of seeing him in kitchen.

He places the plate with a stack of pancakes and a jar of maple syrup and scrambled eggs in another vessel. He signals me to start eating when I catch myself just staring at the dishes. I dish out two pancakes onto my plate and pour some syrup over them. I take my first bite still with a dash of skepticality at the said meal.

The sweetness of the bite diffuses on my tongue and the blueberries in between making it even better, everything in the form of a perfect pancake savours my taste buds.

" Is it okay? "

And It is my turn to just smile and nod because I think he knew it already by the fact that my face probably looks like I am having my first meal after being starved for a while.

When we are halfway done, he decides to speak."I need to head back to the pack. " He says in a cautious manner making my chest ache with disappointment. I look down at the plate, the food going bland all of a sudden.

I finish my meal and walk to the sink to discard the plates as he follows me behind doing the same. I start washing the dishes, not sure what I'd do if I don't occupy myself with something.

He leans on the counter facing ahead, lost in thought as I am. He sighs as he had lost the fight within head and starts getting out of the kitchen. My body halts it's actions with fear. Fear of that one question reeling in the back of my mind.