Chapter 8

Leo's pov

"Okay, that's enough."

Glen snatches the glass away from my hands, making my irritation spike. Why is everything being taken away from me. I reach for another glass on the counter before emptying it in one gulp. The alcohol burns my throat, matching the sensation in my heart. On the side way I can sense Glen's disappointed looks.

I stare at the now empty glass in my hands,the familiar weight of the the glass. Alcohol,the old friend. It started in my first year of the academy, the time I didn't knew which direction I was going in,so I ended up turning to alcohol and it soon turned into addiction from habit.

There's a very thin line between a habit and an addiction. You attain a habit of something to live and an addiction is when you can't live without it.

Wolves have high tolerance for these things among other beings, so it was rare for us to develop addictions. It wasn't that I couldn't quit, I had no reason to, until I became an alpha. Everything changed with that and I got a reason to quit alcohol.

I don't do well with strong smells, they make me nauseous.

My grip on the glass grows tightens in an attempt to stop me from throwing it,as I curse my own mind for bringing up the particular memory.
I don't know how my life has come to this. Sighing in frustration I slide another glass from the corner without contemplating before gulping it down as it becomes the routine for following hour.

I try to open my eyes but they close on their own volition engulfing me in darkness again. I don't know how much time have passed but I can tell we're still in the same bar by the muffled sounds coming from the main bar and the thumping of feet making my headache worse. Glen is sitting on the same stool across me but he has gone quieter in the past hour not attempting to stop me anymore.

Taking my leftover consciousness as a chance, my mind takes me back to the memories of this morning. We should break our bond. The exact words replays themselves in the same morbid horror. Every nerve in my body tenses up, as forcing myself to fall into sleep becomes only escape.

This time I fall back into it with him as the last thing on my mind.

_____________________

"Sir! Alpha said he'll be leaving first and he expects you to be there after you are done with your work." One of my father's assistants said, with his tone polite.

I give him a small nod even though I am not sure if I should agree to it or not. It's only been a week since I got back from the academy so I guess I can rarely avoid these meetings. Though the fact that it's gonna be a private gathering put me at little ease.

I finish the pending work in less than an hour, it's just studying some files about the pack lands and coming up with a clear map. Glen has offered to help but I want to do it myself. Putting back everything into their places, I head out of the building.

Journey to the supposed address takes only a few minutes since it's only the neighbouring pack. Upon reaching the place I find a mansion which looked identical to our own. I park my car to the side and make my way into the house.

The door opens, the person that opened the door guides me to the dining room where everyone else were seated. The large man sitting at the head of the table is the first one to get up and walk upto me. So I'm guessing he is my dad's friend, the alpha. He puts out his hand giving me a firm handshake, I take it as I introduce myself. He leads me to my seat that is conveniently beside dad. Few introductions follow as I am seated. I don't recognise most of the people even with the claims that I've met them as a child.