Chapter 4

Leo's pov

" Leo! "

He freezes upon seeing me, calling my name in horror making me instantly regret my decision, of showing up unannounced.

I knew he wouldn't be happy with that decision even while making it, but the horror in his tone is something I never expected, bringing another fact in to limelight that whatever it is.. That I must have fucked up really bad this time.

His mom lightly taps on his shoulder to bring him back to his senses. " Leo have been waiting for you, what took you so long? " She asks him scoldingly, with her tone more serious but still with some softness to it.

He looked at her intently, like a kid who got accused of having a candy he didn't eat, making him look adorable Snapping from my  thoughts," No! It's okay, I didn't inform him beforehand so the fault is on me." I say directing my gaze at him apologetically. He just glares at me in return.

Goddess...Save me.

" You can sit here and chat but I don't think it is very comfortable here. " She suggests looking around, scanning  the state of the room to check if there's anything that is not in order but everything seemed to be perfect.

My mate decides to speak for the first time till he's gotten here.

"No, I will take him to my room." He tells her looking pointedly at me and starts making his way towards the stairs, I give his mother a grateful smile before I follow him up the stairs, on reaching his room,he slows down his steps making me do the same, he grabs the door knob and looks over his shoulder to see if I'm following or not before going in.

I enter his room following him, I don't know why, it makes me nervous, the fact that I am currently in his space with him and his scent embracing me instantly at a time, making heat rush to my neck after starving for it for the last twenty four hours.

Inside of the room is colored in pastels unlike the rest of the house, it looked spacious and cozy, his bed is neatly made but one corner of the room is filled with laundried clothes which needs to be folded, making them little out of place in the tidy room. Seb opens the windows to let more light in and stands leaning on the desk beside them,with his hands folded facing me, giving me a chance to look at him properly.

Taking in his full form, his eyes looks tired, resembling my sleep deprived ones, a little red making me and Rex sigh in distress, his hair looking a bit messy, his tiny freckles on cheeks shining more in the light giving his face a flushed look, he is dressed in his usual attire, a baggy shirt and jeans but in simpler ones.

He clears his throat making me look up at him.

Shit! I got caught checking him out... again.

"Hi" I start awkwardly not knowing what to say first.

" Hi?" He repeats after me with an amusing tone, narrowing his eyes at me. I should've started better.

"Dad asked me to check up on you." I lie as an excuse as to why I am here. Hoping this would calm him down a bit.

" Is that why you are here ? " But he counters in return with an unwavering tone that made it little scary.

" I also had some work at hand here, so I thought... I would visit you while I am at it. " I finish praying internally this makes up for a better reason.

"Okay" He states after a few minutes of silence, with void of any emotions in his voice.

I give up.

"Look! Sebastian, I'm sorry about that day-"